Volume 4. Chapter 1. Crumbling

Discord: discord.gg/krr2hTX9PD

+

+

+

In the depths of a forest, a gray wolf was hunting for something.

It hasn't eaten in a while and was at the brink of losing its mind from hunger.

As it was passing through a tree stump, it saw the shadows of a deer.

At first, it was suspicious, since these creatures didn't leave their heads at night, even if one of their members were wounded or sick, but the grumbling of its stomach erased any worries it had.

When the wolf pounced, the elk turned its head towards it, opened its mouth, and bit the head off of the wolf as if it was a snack.

*****

'Not enough.'

'Not enough. '

'Not enough. '

'Duck.'

'Eat more.'

'Grow.'

"SHUT UP."

I swallowed the last part of the wolf.

It was disgusting, it just had a hint of madness in it, but it was caused by hunger.

How far have I fallen? I have been eating top-quality humans and drinking pure madness. Now I am here in the forest, eating a bloody animal.

The worst thing was that I was absorbing its traits.

From this meal, I grew black fur, hiding my skinny body.

What the fuck did my life come to?!

I cursed, trying to think.

The first thing I need to do is to figure out where the fuck I am and what are the rules of this place. I don't have any strange energy and I can move quite normally.

I could try to find one of the cults worshiping me and bunker there down till I decide what I will do.

'Destroy.'

'Consume.'

'Collect ducks.'

Ignoring the voices, I went deeper into the forest, looking for something more...succulent to eat.

While I walked deeper, I tried to turn back into a human form, but I couldn't do it.

Maybe I need to eat a human to turn into one? Well, it doesn't bother me, but it would be nice if it were an insane woman. One struck with grief sounds lovely...

Salivating for my next meal, I climbed atop a tree and looked around atop of it.

"Tree, tree, three, three trees, three fish, tree, tre- wait, fish?"

Sure enough, as I scouted the horizon, I saw several sardine-like fishes fly before my face.

"The fuck, am I?"

Flying fishes? What next, cows digging tunnels?

Laughing aloud I looked at the night, almost choking at what I was seeing.

Above my head, soaring the night sky, was a whale. An actual whale, swimming in the clouds like water, singing happily. Its blue skin was dazzling in the moonlight, while its flippers slashed the clouds, surrounded by the fishes flying next to it. On its back was something green, maybe some algae, but I wouldn't even be surprised if it was an entire forest!