Chapter 3-- Thoughts and Plans

Loki’s POV

I’m yelling at her. I am so frustrated. She doesn’t know. She saw what happened in New York, but she can’t see who I’ve been working for, what I’ve been planning to do. She can’t see the monster I am. She can’t see I am beyond help.

An idea strikes me.

‘...I will let you help me. If you show me who you are.’

She furrows her brow, clearly confused, but she relents.

‘Okay,’ she agrees, her eyes flooding with excitement, friendship and something I couldn’t quite place. ‘You start.’

I reluctantly show her what my cell actually looks like, the happiness in her eyes vanishing to be replaced with worry as she looks at me, my hair messy and my eyes bloodshot, framed by dark circles. I hate seeing her pretty eyes anxious like that.

No, stop. Snap out of it.

I feel like I trust her. This is going too quickly. The last time I felt trust, I was brutally betrayed.

She has promised friendship with me; well, she has promised to be herself to me, actually, but it is as close to friendship as I have ever gotten. I must try to help myself in order to help her. That way, I can repay her for the worry that I can see in her face.

Normal POV

‘Lady (y/n), your time is up,’ says one of the guards, hitting his staff against the ground. It’s been two hours already, you think to yourself. Maybe this won’t be too much of a burden.

‘I must leave now, Loki,’ you say, ‘but I will be back tomorrow at the same time to help you.’

You are formal, but then a warm smile spreads across your face.

‘Good morrow, Loki,’ you say.

‘Good morrow, Lady (y/n),’ says Loki.

With that, you lift the hem of your emerald dress and elegantly leave.

~timeskip brought to you by sherlock's scarf~

You relax after your session with Loki by taking a bubble bath. After putting your hair up, you sink into the silky mixture of water, bubbles and scented oils. You close your eyes and start to think about the past and the days ahead.

Really, Loki isn’t all too bad. He may seem like a cold-blooded killer but...  he seems to have something underneath he’s not showing. A softer side to him.

I wonder why he wanted me to show him who I am.

You sit with your brow furrowed for a bit, thinking over previous cases you had dealt with as a Midgardian therapist.

It’s most probably because he hasn’t ever had a proper friend. He is reaching out for someone to completely trust. Yes, that’s what it is.

What will you do tomorrow? You sit thinking about it for a while. Then an idea strikes you. It's fantastic and brilliant and a devious smile comes to your face.

You have a plan.

Loki’s POV

Wow. The only word that comes to mind when I remember the warm, though a little devious, smile that spread across her face as she left. The only word that comes to mind when I remember I had just made a friend. The only word that comes to mind when I remember this new friend was actually a good friend of my enemies, and worked with them against me.

I can see what I did was wrong. I saw that a long time before the battle. I saw that as soon as I made an alliance with the Chitauri. Now they are blown up and dead, however, I am free of them.

I still ache for revenge, however. A mere 3 hours ago, I wished Lady (y/n) to die a slow, painful death. While I do not wish for her to die by any means, I still wish for vengeance upon my brother and father. If going through her is how I have to do it, so it is.

The more I mull it over, the more I can see what a trick it all was. I know she has been forced to do this by Odin: the guards told me that before she entered. That’s all it was. A mere punishment for her. She doesn’t actually want to be my friend. She doesn’t want to help me. She just has to carry out her punishment, and I’m not going to give in to her.

I am cold as I try to sleep. I regret tearing up my sheets and duvet. Even though I am a frost giant, Odin has stripped me of my powers, from raiding people’s minds to controlling my body temperature. The only thing he has overlooked is my power to give illusions, and even then, I can only make the illusions visible, and that is all: I cannot make them spread to the other senses. Feeble.

So I can’t control my body temperature as hard as I try, and I shiver as I curl up. Eventually, I drift off into an uneasy sleep.

A/N: Hi again!

Sorry about the short and somewhat cruddy chapter. It may be pretty bad, but like I've said before, I'm enjoying writing it. Please, please, please comment and give what you think about it, but constructive criticism only please :). Also, vote, share, add to your library-- all of those usual things :)

-Christula