Chapter 4-- An Awesome Therapist

Normal POV

You are running across a dirt road, down another alley and—there it is. The door Heimdall told you about.

You open it to find the two guards blocking your entrance.

‘Lady (y/n).’ They step out of the way.

You are almost eager to see Loki’s reaction to what you’re about to do, but you remind yourself to stay composed. You hold your woven basket carefully and draw yourself up. You step gracefully into Loki’s view.

His illusion is down, but he sits against a wall, reading.

‘Hello,’ he says, not even looking up from his book.

‘Prince Loki. How are you today?’

He looks up reluctantly, glancing curiously at the basket.

‘I am well,’ he says stiffly.

Clearly, something is wrong. You think of other cases with other patients. He...

He doesn’t want to accept my friendship. He is mistrusting. He believes I do not actually want to be his friend.

He believes that this is only a punishment for you.

At first, it was just a punishment. But now, after just two hours talking to him, you really wanted to help the undoubtedly screwed-up guy get his life back together.

‘Loki. Please remember I wish to help you.’

‘You do not. You are only here because—’

You cut him off by talking to the guards.

‘I wish to enter the cell.’

‘My lady, that cannot be permitted. You are at high risked of being injured.’

‘I am a warrior of Odin. I can handle myself against this poor, broken god. Now do as I say,’ you say sarcastically, a mischievous, fiery glint in your eyes.

He shrugs and allows you to walk through the force field. Loki watches open-mouthed as you sit down on his bed and pick up his shredded duvet, unpacking repair equipment from your basket.

‘Wh-what are you doing?’ he says, too shocked to do anything but watch you.

‘I am going to start by helping you clean up your cell. You might be here for a while, you may as well live somewhere clean and comfortable,’ you say kindly.

‘So... what are you doing now?’

‘I am sewing and repairing your duvet. I know the Allfather has taken away your ability to control your body temperature, so you must freezing at night.’