Chapter 8-- A Happy Ending

A/N: warning! serious cheesiness and fluff. Last chapter :)

Normal POV

'...now I'm just...'

You hear Loki choke to get the words out.

'...Your brother.'

You pull away from him, a shaky smile spreading across your face as you look from him to his brother. Thor strides right into the cell and embraces his brother.

'I knew you'd be back,' he says, pulling away. 'I will have my words to Fury, and to Odin. You must be released.'

He walks out of the cell to the door, turns back, and smiles.

'You two are sweet together.'

He walks out.

You and Loki make eye contact for a moment. Then you both burst into laughter, laughing so hard you're crying and your teeth hurt. You stop laughing for a breath and look at him again.

He lies back and pulls you onto him, one hand on the small of your back, smiling.

'Now, where were we?'

~time skip brought to you by John Watson's collection of jumpers~

Your hands are shaking as they grip the bouquet of white tulips, but you honestly couldn't be happier.

Your father turns to you.

'Ready?'

'Ready.'

You are walking down the aisle, your long dress trailing behind you. Your hair was up in its usual braid with your circlet; you wore no makeup. Loki didn't care. Loki thought you were as radiant as light shattering.

You stop when you find yourself beside Loki.

You smile at each other, looking right into each other's eyes, never breaking eye contact as the Asgardian priest drones on and on.

'It is now time for the vows.'

You and Loki are still far away in each other's eyes and need to be tapped on the shoulder.

'Wait, what?' says Loki. You laugh a little.

'Oh, vows,' he says, realising. 'I, um. I. Well.'

He takes a deep breath.

'When you met me, I was in a bad place. I screamed at you. I was certain you didn't understand, and even after the first day when you swore to help me, I convinced myself you were just there to undermine me. But when you walked right into my cell, confident as anything, I was shocked. When you started to mend my blankets and sheets with those tiny little stitches of yours, and when tears fell on to those veins of stitches, I felt compassion for the first time in a long time.

'When... when you stood up for me, I felt like sunshine was bottled inside me. I still do. The sunshine has never left. Because I used to think that love was uncatchable. I was right; it is. But somehow, you've captured it and caught it in the way you look at me, and you've put that sunshine into my very being.  And I... want to look into your loving eyes for the rest of my life.'

Okay, so you're glad you haven't worn makeup, because it would be all over your face. You're biting your lip, your eyes are squinted with tears and you just want to throw your arms around your betrothed, but unfortunately, social conduct must be adhered to at a royal wedding. You calm yourself and look right into Loki's eyes.

'I'll start with a story. I remember when I came back from Midgard. I had done so well: saved Midgard from, well, you, helped troubled souls, kept a few other creatures from attacking the realm from Midgard. I had fought alongside Odin's heir, even. So when I walked down that hall to have an audience with Odin, I was so damn confident that I was going to be rewarded. Then Odin said something along the lines of, 'now for your punishment.''

Laughter ripples through the crowd and you can hear Odin chuckling from near you.

'But you, my punishment, turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me.

'A while from now, we'll be stories. We'll not only look back on Cap walking in on us that time after Thor and I had a showdown at your cell, and my reading to you during our therapy sessions, and the glee that encompassed you when fury asked you to be an avenger. We won't just look back on crying about Amy and Rory together and dancing to cheesy midgardian carols and me ripping my dress at that party with the nobles, we'll look back on our wedding day. And maybe, millennia into the future, parents won't be telling their children stories of that monster you thought you were, they'll be telling them stories of the kind-hearted, compassionate and caring Asgardian you've become. Perhaps they'll be telling them of our adventures into the nine realms.

'I love you, more than anything in the realms, and as I'm standing here, wrapped in light and life and love in this odin-forsaken chapel with all of these amazing people around me, I'm looking into your eyes. I can't wait to see our stories. I can't wait to make them happen. And I can't wait to love you.'

Odin's crying. Loki's crying. The priest is crying. Thor's crying. The reporters are crying, the children are crying, the nobles are crying, the wedding party is crying, Natasha and clint are crying, Fury is crying, and you are a frigging mess.

And in that moment, you look at him, and he is so in love, and so are you. And it is time to begin writing your stories.

A/N: SERIOUS FLUFF AND CHEESINESS, I TOLD YOU :D! I hope you liked the story and the chapter and the happy ending in which no one died (yay!). Thanks for reading! Keep an eye on my profile, I think I'll start some oneshots for avengers and doctor who and sherlock and anime and like anything you ask. So request, share, vote, comment, everything, you know.

I LOVE YOU GUYS :)bye!!

-Christula :)