Chapter 6-- THOR!

Normal POV

You smile as you walk home. You have had ten sessions with Loki since the day of broken barriers, when he thanked you, allowed you into his cell, and gave you a hug. The project is working well for him: there is only his armchair to fix up now. He is progressing along wonderfully.

I didn't think it would be this easy, you think to yourself. You make a cup of tea and sit down, turning on the television you brought back from Midgard. You use your Asgardian powers to bring in signal from Midgard: you had grown rather attached to a television show called Doctor Who and you wouldn't be giving it up because you went back home.

'Doo wee woo,' you sing quietly along, smiling. It's a repeat, but you couldn't be happier. Until the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo flashes up on the screen. You frown, your smile vanishing like a light.

Nick Fury, along with the Avengers, flash up on the screen. You are calm and placid, keeping optimistic and interested. Though you are a little annoyed: not much can keep you from Doctor Who.

'Good evening, Agent (l/n),' says Nick in his usual tone. The Avengers dawdle behind him with respective expressions on their faces: Tony smirks, Bruce furrows his brow, Natasha is expressionless, Clint's eyes are flashing around the room, Captain looks at Fury as if waiting for orders and Thor is preoccupied polishing Mjolnir in the background.

'Evening...' you say slowly. 'To what do I owe to pleasure, Director?'

'Thor? You may wish to explain this,' he says, turning around. Thor looks up.

'But Director, I don't want to. Do I have to?' he whines. You laugh. It's so funny when Thor gets all sulky.

'Odinson, I don't care if you're a god, you will do as I say.'

'Fine.'

He walks up to the camera and looks straight at you.

'We have received information that you are helping the traitor Loki.'

Your jaw drops.

'The Allfather is making me help him as a punishment for my letting him get his hands on the Tesseract,' you say, shaking your head. 'There's nothing I can do about it, I must comply. It is my punishment. Not doing what he says would be an idiotic thing to do; it would end in punishment greater than imaginable—'

Thor cuts you off.

'You cannot help him. Through you, he will only find a way to appear good and then try to take over Midgard once more. He used to be good, Lady (y/n); he really did. But that side of him has vanished. Spend your time with him to please my father, but don't actually make an attempt to help him.'

'But—Thor, Loki is different. Today, he allowed me into his cell, he thanked me, and when I told him about my-my mother, he hugged me. He actually hugged me!' you stammer, disbelieving. Thor had always been the one to stick up for Loki! Something must be going on.

'Lady (y/n), he is doing that to gain your trust so he—'

'You know what Thor,' you cut him off. 'You speak to him. You come with me tomorrow and you watch him as he speaks to me, then you tell me he hasn't changed. For Valhalla's sake, watch us with Heimdall! Yes. Yes, watch with Heimdall. Loki needn't know. Watch how he's changed.'

Thor looks at Fury for his approval. With a confirming nod, Thor turns back and looks you straight in the eye.

'Okay,' he says firmly.

You match his gaze. 'I'll meet you at the rainbow bridge tomorrow at 10:00 am. You can stay with Heimdall and watch his therapy session.'

'I will see you there.'

'You can bet on it.'

The signal goes out on the television, leaving Donna screaming at the tenth doctor on the screen.

'I'M IN MY WEDDING DRESS!'

'YES, YOU LOOK LOVELY—'

You turn off the television. You were defending Loki. Could you be falling for him?

No. That's ridiculous.

You think you like him. He has been showing some interest in you, subtly of course, and you had been almost encouraging him.

Yet you don't know what you feel. There is something you feel towards Loki, but you don't know what. A sisterly sort of love? A friendly sort of care? Yes. You put it down to something like that, even though you know it isn't true. Right now, you just have to help him. You just have to prove to Thor that Loki is good.  

*

Loki's POV

Okay, so I admit it. Even to myself. I look forward to her visits. I miss her when she's gone. Since I hugged her, we have completely opened up to one another. As we work on putting together my cell, or as she prefers to call it, my living area, we talk. It doesn't feel like therapy sessions the way Odin said. She has told me of how she was bullied in warrior training, and I have told her of the shadow I struggled to live in. She has told me of how she felt so guilty when I got my hands on the Tesseract, and I have told her of the guilt I have been feeling over taking it. We have grown close.

I am more smitten with her than ever, and I have not thought of revenge in a while.

I just hope she feels the same way.

A/N-- HELLO! Little bit of drama there, filler at the end, you know. I hope the few of you reading this are enjoying it. If you are reading this, you're amaaaaaazzziinnnngggg. Like, better than poptarts :) Anyway, vote, comment, share, add to reading lists, all that stuff.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

-Christula :)