Chapter 41 - Giving Juni Advice

***** Elodie's Point of View *****

Juni walked into the bedroom sobbing uncontrollably and Knox stood up. "What happened?"

"Tyler called me," she sniffled.

"Who's Tyler?" I asked, feeling confused.

"Her baby's Dad," Knox told me, looking worried.

He stepped forward and gave her a hug and she sobbed on his shoulder for a minute before finally backing up and wiping away her tears.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked. "I'm going to be stuck in this bed for the next month, so I sure could use some girl talk to help pass the time."

Juni gave me a weak smile and said, "Yeah. Girl talk actually sounds pretty good right about now."

"Well that's my cue to leave, Knox laughed. "I'll go order us some Chinese take-out for dinner since the kitchen stuff isn't put away yet," he said, leaning over and kissing the top of my head before giving me a warm smile and walking away, shutting the bedroom door behind him.

"Sit. Tell me everything," I told Juni, patting the bed beside me.

She sat down, letting out a frustrated exhale.

"It's so frustrating Elodie. I hate the fact that I still love him, and that hearing the sound of his voice makes me miss him so much. That asshole doesn't deserve my love. I gave it to him once and he shit all over it."

"What did he do?" I asked.

"When he found out I was pregnant, he dumped me in the cafeteria in front of the entire school. He announced to everybody that I cheated on him and the baby wasn't even his. It was so embarrassing."

"Ouch," I said, scrunching up my nose. "Why would he do that?"

"Because he said he was afraid a baby would mess up his football scholarship to UCLA," she cried, struggling to catch her breath through her tears. "He didn't even know I had just lost my parents and brother in a car wreck and having my heart broken by the guy I was in love with was the last thing I needed. I was so miserable going into that school every day and seeing him. I don't even know how in the world I finished out the school year," she sniffled. "If it wasn't for Knox talking me through it, I don't think I could've."

Juni hung her head, looking down at her hands. "Tyler broke my heart into a million pieces. I really thought he loved me," she said, with a tear rolling down her cheek, wiping it away with a sniffle. "He apologized for everything and said he really wants to be a part of Noah's life but the thought of seeing him again makes me feel like throwing up," she said sadly, lifting her head and looking at me with watery eyes. "What should I do Elodie?"

She was looking at me like I was older and wiser and would have all the answers, but little did she know she probably had more dating experience than I did. I was probably the last person that should be giving out relationship advice, but I wanted to help her out so I gave it my best shot.

I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and gave her a sympathetic look. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that Juni. I don't blame you for being really mad at him. I would be too, but I grew up without my Dad and I wouldn't wish that on anybody. I think the best thing you could do right now is to focus on what's best for Noah and try to put your own feelings and heartache aside. I know it'll be hard, but I think you should try to be friends with Tyler, for the baby's sake."