Chapter 57 - Telling Knox

*** Juni's Point of View - Two Hours Later ***

Juni," Knox said, gently pulling my hands away from my face and looking into my watery eyes. "What is it?" he asked, looking worried.

I tried to talk but the words couldn't come out.

"You know that whatever it is, you can tell me. You can tell me anything Junebug. After everything we've been through together, I hope you know that," he told me.

I nodded my head with a sniffle, trying to figure out how to break the news to him. Somehow I knew he wasn't going to take it well.

"I'm ummm. I'm leaving," I said quietly.

"You're leaving the hospital? That's alright. It's nothing to get upset about. We'll just see you back at the house then," he laughed.

"No," I said, shaking my head. "I'm not leaving the hospital Knox," I said, letting out an exhale and gathering my nerve. "I'm leaving Seattle."

He scrunched his eyebrows. "What? What are you talking about?"

"I'm transferring to UCLA so Noah and I can be with Tyler. The three of us can live in a family housing apartment together on campus and I've already got childcare lined up for when we're in class."

He raised his eyebrows and shook his head. "No way. You can't just pick up and move to L.A. like that Juni. It's a huge city. Do you have any idea how dangerous it is there?"

Knox had always been really overprotective of me so I wasn't surprised by his reaction.

"EVERYONE knows how dangerous L.A. is," I laughed. "That's why I'm going to stay on campus most of the time and when I do go off campus, I won't go alone and I'll always carry a gun. You taught me how to shoot and defend myself a long time ago so you don't have to worry, and I'll be really careful. I promise."

He thought about it and said, "No," shaking his head. "I don't like the thought of you being in such a dangerous place so far away. Mom and Dad would have never let you do this."

"Yes they would have. I was planning to go to UCLA with him before me and Tyler broke up and Mom and Dad were okay with it. They were happy about it actually."

"Well, why can't he just transfer up here and go to the University of Washington with you? Then you guys would both be closer to family."

"Because he has football."

"Well the University of Washington has a football team. Why can't he play for them?" he asked, like it was an obvious solution.

"Because UCLA's football team is a LOT better. It's a division one school and Washington University is division three. UCLA has the second most pac twelve titles, the longest bowl winning streak in college football history, and it has ranked in the top ten of college football teams in every decade."

Knox laughed, shaking his head. "Damn Junebug. When did you become such an expert on football?"

I laughed and said, "Actually I'd love to take the credit, but I didn't know any of that until Tyler explained it to me earlier. Him and his Dad know WAY too much about football. Just a tip, never bring it up with his Dad unless you feel like talking for at least an hour about it."