-PROLOGUE-

“The winner of this round is

Ajax!”

You hated the name. You hated losing. You hated when you're almost close to winning and end up being the loser.

A certain ginger-haired male poked through the door waving to his friends,

“I'll catch up to you guys later!” the smile from his face fades when he saw you. “Ah, you again.”

You scrunched your face in disgust. “Don't get too cocky now, idiot.” you slowly walk up your way towards him.

“Just because you've won this year's championship doesn't mean anything!” you pointed a finger at him, trying to look tough. He chuckled at your silly little words,

“Then what about you?”

He smirked when you looked slightly confused, “What about you, getting those trophies doesn't mean anything? I'm not the cocky one here,

you are.”

You flinched a bit hearing those words.

“I'm not cocky-"

“Sure you aren't.” you started backing up as he slowly walks forward. “You hate it when you lose, right? I do too, (L/N).”

Your back is now against the wall, you're not sure what to do. You yelped when he punched the wall near your head,

The world doesn't revolve around you, get over it”

You pushed him away, tears on the verge of falling. Both of you looking at each other with frustration.

“I hate you—” you mumbled.

“I hate you, I hate you! Just wait when I get stronger than you, let's see the look on your face when you lose!” you ran past him, bumping his shoulder.

You don't care if you get weird looks running in the school hallway, crying. You always hear mean things about yourself.

“Isn't she the one who always wants to win?”

“Look at her face when she lost!”

“Glad someone finally beat her.”

“Loser!”

“A narcissist.”

"Y/N?" you jolted awake hearing your name. You looked to your side and see the look of concern on Amber's face. "School ended. You were napping the whole time, you okay?" you blinked.

‘I must've dreamt about my past.’

"I'm fine." you stand up and grabbed your bag. You speed walked to the door, not caring if your friend can't catch up. "Hey, wait up!" You clicked your tongue and slowed down your pace.

"You always don't wait for me!"

"Be quicker next time, dumbass."

"Mean!" she chuckled, sounding a little hurt.

You always wonder why she still hangs out with you, not that you mind.

As soon as you reached the hallways, people started staring at you. You got used to it by now.

"Why is Amber always with her, she's rude."

"Amber's so nice and then you have that narcissist."

"That narcissist should stop being rude, honestly."

You bit your lip, trying to ignore their nasty insults. You felt a hand on your shoulder, you looked at Amber, a smile on her face.

"Just ignore them alright? You're nothing like what they say." her kind words make you feel warm inside, you just don't know how to deal with it. You slapped her hand away,

"Stop it. Leave me alone."

You heard gasps and sighs, this is gonna be the gossip of the month. You walked away leaving Amber alone.

You open the door to your room and put your bag on your study desk. Sighing as you laid down on your soft bed. You looked at your cabinet filled with trophies next to your desk.

“-getting those trophies doesn't mean anything?”

"They do," you mumbled out. Tears falling down your cheeks.

"Now they're useless."