-THREE-

"Three minutes and forty-seven seconds late. Geez, princess. Did you forget about our project already? How cold."

You facepalmed. ‘Of course he's gonna be dramatic about it.’ Sighing, "The bus took too long, stop complaining and let's go." Childe amused by your actions. He follows you in the museum and proceeds to take pictures around.

You clicked your tongue and glared at him, "We're here to do a project about the God of Salt, not taking random pictures!" He rolled his eyes and walked past you. "You're so serious, princess. That's no fun."

You power walked to a section related to your project, seeing Childe in the corner of your eye made you walk faster but he can somehow catch up to you—it ends up to both of you trying to see who gets there faster. You both were out of breathe, looking up, you see him smirking. Frustrated, you abruptly slapped his arm making him wince.

"Ow, abusive much, woman?!"

"I hate you and your guts!"

"I know. You don't need to slap my arm for that, alright!"

You groaned, "I'm going to take notes- you better do them." you give him a glare before walking away.

.

While taking notes, you come to realise that Havria, the God of Salt is a kind one. But was slain by her people either way. You sighed. "Too kind for me." your head suddenly feeling heavy, you look up and see Childe, resting his arm on your head—looking at your notes. You smacked his arm away, causing his arm to recoil in pain. He mumbled something but you didn't bother to comprehend it.

"Done with your notes?"

Silence.

"We'll do the power point thingy in my house."

You hummed in response, too lazy to interact with him more. He brushes aside your lazy attitude towards him, chuckling. "Alright, let's go."

The walk to the exit was quiet, not that you mind. You disliked his way of talking to you.

As soon as you open the door, you felt cold instantly causing you to shiver.

"Ah fuck, it's raining."

"Language!" You hit him again on the arm, causing him to yelp in pain. "What are you, my mom?!"

"Hmph!" You turned away from him and cross your arms. Although he was getting on your nerves, you were more worried about the heavy rain. You wished you didn't came here at all and being stuck with this dude. You sighed, staring at the rain.

You looked up at Childe who has been quiet for a few seconds, he's busy texting someone on his phone. Uncomfortable with the awkward silence, you tried to start a conversation.

"So... Why did you transfer to Teyvat High?" You avoided looking at his direction, trying your best to act normal. He laughed a bit, entertained at your attempt of a conversation. "Why are you asking me this question, suddenly have a change of heart, princess?" he put his phone in the back pocket of his jeans. You cleared your throat, putting your hand over your mouth. "No, I am simply curious."

"Curious? You probably won't like the answer to that." you can hear him trying to hold back a chuckle. "Do you mind elaborating on that?" you turned your head a bit and see him nodding slightly. "Ah, then I won't pry much further."

He put a hand on your shoulder, "Hey, do you mind doing this project on another day?" you looked up and unexpectedly made eye contact with his pure blue eyes. His gaze soft, with a small smile on his face. He opened his mouth to say something, "Hey-"

"Don't touch me." You smacked his hand away from your shoulder, shooing his hand away like a fly. "And no, I don't mind doing this project on another day." You looked away, feeling your heartbeat raise a bit. "Well now that we got that out of the way. How about I send you back home?" You shake your head but then you see a jet black BMW passing by. The window rolled down and you see a woman wearing a white mask with a red line on the left side.

"Tartaglia." you blinked. 'How many names does this man have?' Childe looked over to you, "I'll give you a ride. Where do you live?" Feeling a bit nervous, you just accepted the offer.

"Just drop me off near (Street/Name)." He nods and guides you to the car, opening the backdoor for you. He reached his hand out to you, which you ignored and proceed to get inside the car.

Childe got in the passenger seat and told the driver to send you home.

The rain stopped by the time you reached (Street/Name). As you were about to open the door, Childe got it before you can. You frowned at his actions but didn't say anything.

"Well, be safe now." he smiled at you, looking like he's hoping you would smile back. You got out from the car, "Thanks for dropping me off." you said it in a quiet tone but loud enough for him to hear.

Before he could say anything, you proceed to walk away, wanting to leave as soon as possible.

.

He scoffed, "How cold."