one

WARNING: mentions of suicide, just sad content

get up, go to work, come home, sleep, and repeat. 

this is my life, me being george. i code and code until my finger are numb and my eyes are shutting. i stay up much too late hoping to delay the next day. i can't do this anymore.

it just the same thing repeated for days on end, but ehh...at least i get paid.

with living in new york city, i need the money.

---

i dash down the stairs of my office building, a place i resent. pushing the door open, i take a deep breath.

liberation.

i take in the smell of grease and smoke as i head down to the subway. the way home is a bore. after a while i arrived at my part of town. kinda dingy and dark but it is my home. 

"ring ring"

i grab my phone out of my pocket and check.

sapnap.

"hey"

i say as i pick up.

"george im kinda bored"

sapnap says.

"you wanna hang?"

"yea sure"

i reply

"usual spot?"

"mhm"

i mumble as i hang up.

after entering my apartment, relief floods me. time away from the monotonous lifestyle i live is essential and i hope to get that by hanging out with sap. 

i grab a different outfit from my closet. glancing in the mirror, i check myself. a simple black sweatshirt with sweatpants. comfortable and baggy, the way i like it.

i head to my door ready to leave when something catches my eye. a necklace or i guess a chain. 

i pick it up and genty hold it in my hands. its nice, something i bought when i felt happier, a time i wish i could have cherished more.

putting it on, i get a sense of elation. possibly things could get better, but i don't know, just a gut feeling.

i head out and began the walk to the club. it's not far, a couple blocks, and i genuinely enjoy the walk. 

i observe the city, the red lettering, the bright lights, all of it. people walk alone in the dead of night as if nothing could scare them. i guess i'm one of em.

the alley by the club is lit by some streetlamps, a couple crates from cargo trucks lay toppled over. 

"george!"

sapnap rushed over to me. i'm engulfed in a hug before i can get a word out. as he pulls away, i see the raven haired boy that i've known for what feels like forever. 

he is clad in a white shirt with a bandana and some sweatpants. his bulky figure only makes him look intimidating in the outdoor lighting but i know that he wouldn't hurt a fly. that is, unless that fly came near me or any of his friends. 

"hey sap"

he frowns. he knows. he knows i'm not happy. he knows. he knows.

"george"

"hm?"

"what's wrong?"

that's when it all comes out.

"sap its so bad. its so bad. i hate my life, everyday is the same, it's not fair"

"oh george"

he pouts and sighs.

"sometimes sap, it gets to much, i can't bear it, i think things..."

my voice trails off.

"george."

sapnap gets up, alarmed. his voice his scratchy as if the words were reflex.

"george no. you can't"

he pulls me into a hug, one that i very much need. 

"i know"

tears prick my eyes and fall onto his t-shirt. my breathing is unsteady and i know i shouldn't have told him. no, i'm glad i told him.

"george, go home ok? get some rest and call me later."

he pats me on the back and looks at me with concern. i feel his eyes burn into me, as if scanning for something.

i nod. he purses his lips and leaves the alley. 

cold wind gets through my clothes, my body freezing. i tune in to the loud blaring music playing from the club beside me.

i trudge out of the ally and to the front of the club, looking for a reason to not go home.

as i walk, i suddenly can't see anything. i bumped into someone, my face on their chest. 

"well hello" i hear as i back away. 

the deep voice belongs to a blonde, a hot blonde at that. he's tall, his face is illuminated by the red light coming from the club allowing me to see his freckles. a smirk is plastered on his face, a drink in his hand.

"who are you?"

i say. a bit rude but who cares?

the blonde looks down to me, his eyes roaming my small frame. finally, his eyes meet mine. he's intimidating, that's for sure.

"why the hell would i tell you?"

he raises his eyebrow, and take a sip of his drink. i notice the rasp in his voice, the redness in his eyes. 

i scoff and turn to walk away when i feel a tug on my arm. a hand, one that fits around my whole arm, pulls me back. 

startled, i turn only to face the blonde yet again.

"my name's dream"

looks like i found a reason not to go home.

---

well

this took a while

lmk what you think

stay safe, drink water <3 

vote?