(33) Not In That Way- :(

Your POV:
It wasn't hard, really. It wasn't hard at all to fall in love with Spencer Reid. In fact, it was the easiest thing she'd ever done. It came so easily that it shook her to the core.

Really, what's not to love? He is a badass FBI agent with a heart of gold, he can literally recite almost any book to her on demand, and it certainly doesn't hurt that he looks like he's been sculpted by a coveted artist.

She didn't know though, she didn't know how easy it would be to be completely enamored by someone. She didn't know what kind of life she'd be stepping into when she'd applied to become his Teaching Assistant. She'd heard from her peers that there was a part-time professor who had been looking for a TA. She signed up without a second thought, desperate for any kind of connections that could possibly help her with her PhD in forensic psychology. When she'd learned that he was a certified genius whose other job was to be a real life superhero, she hoped and prayed he'd pick her application.

She was over the moon when she found out that he did indeed pick her out of all the students who had applied. This was an opportunity of a lifetime. She'd seen his university ID photo on the website and thought he was attractive, but seeing him in person was almost magical. The camera definitely could not quite pick up on the subtle gold flecks in his irises or the silky sheen of his hair. And that smile. She was sure she could drown in it forever.

After being chosen and going through a number of interviews, Y/N learned just how meticulous Dr. Reid was in everything he did. She helped him create the syllabus as well as build his lesson plans. Over the semester, she would go over his grading since he had the tendency to give students the answers instead of making helpful comments on the papers to make them think and reflect. She'd also learned about his particular aversion to technology, which meant they had multiple meet-ups when he was in town just so she can walk him through certain systems, like the university's portal system as well as the email. She also showed him how to pose his answers as questions instead, explaining that sometimes, he shouldn't answer their incomplete thoughts because it's an undergrad class. Also, with his unpredictable schedule concerning the FBI, she would often step in and teach his class whenever he was away on a case.

They'd become good friends outside of his office and classroom, probably closer than they should have been. He was just too likeable and she was always eager enough to hear what he had to say, thus a bond between them was born and reinforced each time they saw each other. He was so thoughtful, it shocked her. Once he'd heard her mention that she used to love collecting keychains when she was a child, and made sure to get her a new one from each state he'd visit thanks to his trips around the country. Her previous boyfriends were beyond disappointing in comparison to say the least, and they weren't even dating. He knew her favorite coffee order by heart and often had it ready with a fresh croissant whenever they met at the university's coffee shop and if they were meeting at his office, he'd take them to go.

It was little things like that that made her fall in love with him. And she knew, it's not like she didn't, she just chose to hide it with every cell of her being. Crushing on your professor is pretty common amongst university students, but being a TA and being desperately in love with your professor was a whole different kind of story.

She already admired his intelligence in class immensely, however hearing his stories from his time out in the field made her heart grow three times the size of normal. His stories ranged from being about geographical profiling, to action-packed anecdotes, and even funny moments with the team.

Was she constantly impressed by him? Yes.

Was she constantly worried about him? Also yes.

Which is why she'd practically made him adopt the habit of texting or calling her every time he landed in DC. They'd been chasing this unsub, Lynch, for months on end and he'd informed her that they were finally close to getting him. The last time they talked two days ago, he was feeling confident. But then it was just silence. He hadn't texted her, he hadn't called her. She didn't even know if he was back in DC. Her mind took her places she didn't want to go. He'd gotten so good with keeping her updated that this silence was turning her blood into ice water.