11

Bumblebee found the Ground Bridge and opened it to a completely random location, throwing himself out and waiting with his guns pointed at the exit until it closed. He then transformed into his v-mode and drove for a good long while until he deemed it safe enough to call back to base and ask for a Ground Bridge. 

"Bumblebee!" Ratchet exclaimed into the comms. "You're alive! Is (Y/n) with you?" 

"Please just open a Bridge." This caused a hesitation from Ratchet, but a moment later, the Bridge opened and Arcee came through, waving him over. He transformed and walked sullenly through, glancing behind him before lowering his helm and trudging inside. 

"Where's (Y/n)?" the two-wheeler behind him asked as she trotted back into base, running in front of him and causing him to stop. Bumblebee lifted his helm, looking between each of his teammates, then the humans leaning expectantly over the railing. His gaze lingered briefly on Raf, whose eyes were wide. He lifted his wings. 

"She stayed behind on the Decepticon ship to make sure that I could get out," he beeped quickly. "She was injured, and they were coming in from all sides. She said that it would be better if I escaped. I didn't want to leave her, but-" 

"Whoa, whoa, slow down," Ratchet said, stepping away from the monitors and moving over to the scout. "She stayed behind on the Nemesis so you could get away?" Bumblebee nodded. 

"We have to go back for her. Is there any way we could possibly access something that could lead us to her?" 

"Hold on," Ratchet said, lifting his servos. He looked over at Optimus, who had been patiently listening by the humans. The rest of the Autobots followed his gaze. 

"Ratchet," the Prime said calmly. "Try and access (Y/n)'s spark signal as her beacon is clearly being shielded by Decepticon cloaking systems. Bumblebee, you need rest and a refuel." 

"No, Optimus, I need to help her," Bumblebee protested, stepping towards his leader. Optimus moved away from the human's bay, reaching the scout in two strides to place his servo on his shoulder plate. 

"While I understand your motives, you have been imprisoned and have exhausted yourself. You will be no help to (Y/n) if you continue with this pattern." 

"It's more than you think," Bumblebee whirred indignantly. "I can't leave her! And I know I wasted time, I know I messed things up, and I feel like her staying back on the ship is on me! I could have done something. I could have fought harder, I could have protected her better, I could have-" 

"Bumblebee," Optimus said patiently, interrupting his rant. "We will do our best to find (Y/n) and retrieve her."

"You assigned me as her partner," Bumblebee said before Optimus could continue. "It's my duty-"

"Bumblebee," Optimus said again, his digits tightening slightly and his tone becoming more stern. The scouts wings dropped. "Your concern for the moment is to recover. We will find (Y/n); the sooner you recuperate, the better you will serve her." The Prime stood back. Bumblebee stared at him. "Is that understood?"

The scout hesitated, then lowered his helm in defeat. He nodded. Optimus replaced his servo on Bumblebee's shoulder. He looked up at his leader, who offered him a small, rare smile. His wings lifted slightly. "Now go rest," the Prime said in a much gentler tone. "In time, we will return her to you."

With that in mind, Bumblebee finally gave another nod, turning and trudging to his quarters to follow through with his new orders.

~

Breakdown threw (Y/n) onto the bridge in front of Megatron and Starscream, a trail of Energon drops in their wake. Knockout crossed his arms, looking disapprovingly at scratches on his arm plates.

"How disappointing," Starscream said, a smirk pulling at his dermas. "Your little method of interrogation only proved to lose us valuable prisoners, Knockout."

"Oh please," Knockout said dismissively, dropping his servos and rolling his optics. "We still have her, and that's plenty to draw them back in." Megatron looked between the two. (Y/n) rolled onto her back, optics closed, one servo fumbling over a wound in her abdomen.

"Is it? What use is she to us if they don't?" Starscream swept his servos towards the battered femme on the ground. "She's harder to break than you anticipated. She's clearly not good for information."

"Oh, Starscream," Knockout sneered. "I wasn't trying to break her. I was trying to break her partner."

"And how well did that go?"

"Better than I expected, actually. After so long, I was counting on results being more underwhelming. He cracked for sure. The only reason I didn't get more information is because I was, admittedly, not prepared for his reaction. Had I been expecting the level of commitment and fight from Bumblebee, Breakdown would have been there to back me up."

"You're so...stupid," (Y/n) suddenly ground out below them. All four Decepticons looked down at her, Knockout's dermas lifting. She opened her optics halfway and shifted her gaze to the cherry mech. "You don't...know him as well...as you think you do. It's been centuries. I'm as good as dead. He's not...coming back." She dropped her helm, groaning.

Ignoring his colleagues piercing optics, Knockout bent down beside her, reaching over and sweeping a few drops of her Energon onto his digit. "I'm impressed, really," he murmured, his voice low. "Because you are still hung up on your petty beliefs. But I saw it. I saw him today." She opened her optics again, glaring at him.

"What...are you talking about?" she said through her denta. Knockout tilted his helm, reaching over and patting hers delicately.

"I'll let you mull over that one. Might keep you occupied while I put you back together." The doctor looked up at Starscream. "Then she's all yours, commander." The seeker paused, then a wicked smirk spread across his face plate.

"I think I see where this is going," he said, waving a long digit in Knockout's direction. "Clever." Said mech nodded and stood up, shaking the Energon off his digit. He looked towards Megatron.

"My lord," he said. "As I'm sure you're wondering, she is still of use to us. Simply allow me to do my work and you will have you answers."

"Very well," Megatron said, his face set in a glare not aimed at anyone in particular. "You may proceed." Knockout grinned, bowing with a flourish before turning to Breakdown. He jerked his helm back to the motionless Autobot. In response, the Decepticon wrecker reached down and grabbed her by the arm, lifting her up and slinging her over his shoulder. Then he turned and followed Knockout out of the main bridge. 

They walked to Knockout's lab, setting (Y/n) on a medical table. The doctor set Breakdown to work on collecting specific items while he approached the Autobot, leaning over her face. She didn't appear to be conscious at the moment, which was understandable. Pathetic, but understandable nonetheless. 

However, when he turned to accept the tools from Breakdown, her voice started up again. "You won't get anything out of me by torturing me," she rasped. Knockout shook his head, clicking disapprovingly. He turned to face her. 

"You played right into my servos," he said. She glowered at him. "We're not going to torture you for information." He sighed. "Apparently it's far too complicated for you and your stubborn self to understand, and I'm really not in the mood to be explaining it in detail, so why don't you quiet down and let the masters work?" He expected a snort or some dry comment, but apparently she was all spent and turned her helm away instead. Knockout glanced at his partner, then grabbed the tools and set them on the operations table, picking them up. 

"Let's get you all fixed up," he said, rolling the tool in his servo. "Then the real fun begins."