13

A/n: Plot hoooooooles.

Probably. I hope not.

"Bumblebee, you're coming with me." The scout looked up as Optimus gestured towards the open Ground Bridge. 

"But-" 

"You must focus on something other than (Y/n) at this moment. Ratchet is searching for her to the best of his ability; there is nothing you can currently do for her. However, you may assist me with this." Bumblebee hesitated, then sighed and trotted after his leader. 

They exited the Ground Bridge, emerging inside a mine with blue Energon crystals lining the walls. Drilling sounded from farther down the tunnel, a sure sign of the Decepticons' presence. Bumblebee drew his weapons, staying at Optimus' side as they advanced down the tunnel. 

"Optimus...Bumb...bee...I'm...signals...interfering with the...system." Optimus pressed two digits to his comm as Ratchet's static voice came through.

"Keep going?" Bumblebee asked. Optimus gave a single nod. 

"We will proceed with caution," he said to Ratchet.

"Should we just collect the Energon down here?" Bumblebee suggested, moving over to a cluster of crystals. "We'd somewhat avoid the risk of a skirmish." 

"Good thinking, Bumblebee." Optimus stepped up to the cluster and pulled a crystal away from the wall, the scout following his lead. Both jumped, the Prime less so than Bumblebee, at a loud clang and a following screech of metal on metal. 

"Primus, Starscream! I thought you were going to let me heal!" Bumblebee's helm snapped towards the opposite end of the tunnel. (Y/n)

"Bumblebee, wait," Optimus commanded, holding a servo in front of the scout as he began to move down the tunnel. 

"It's her," he beeped frantically. "She's here!" 

"If (Y/n) is here and not on the Nemesis, there can only be one reason." Bumblebee paused, directing his gaze up to his leader. 

"A trap," he whirred miserably. He glanced down the tunnel, digits twitching. "But we can't just leave her!" 

"I agree. However, we must consider our next course of action carefully." 

"A distraction?" Bumblebee offered. "If...if I run in there, guns blazing...do you think you could get her?" Optimus set his servo on the scout's shoulder. 

"I will provide the distraction. But you must move quickly. We do not know what the Decepticons have planned." Bumblebee nodded vigorously, eager to be moving. She was so close. Optimus signaled to begin moving and the two crept down the passageway. 

They reached the chamber where the Decepticons were working, a rather loud shouting match between (Y/n) and the Decepticon commander apparently taking place. 

"Your word is scrap! They won't come for me, so you may as well finish me off! I'm half way to the Allspark, anyway." Bumblebee's wings lifted. She didn't think they would come for her? Or maybe she was just trying to dissuade Starscream. It still stung regardless. 

"Don't be dramatic, Autobot. You're looking better than you were yesterday." Optimus cast Bumblebee a warning glance as the scout moved forward. 

"Wait." The Prime had a better vantage point, and he was acting as the distraction. Bumblebee fell back slightly, scanning what he could see of the chamber. One wall was stripped of Energon - that would be the most effective way of making the most of Optimus' distraction. He looked up to said 'bot. Optimus lifted a servo, jabbed it carefully to his left, then transformed his other servo into a cannon and stepped out of his cover. Starscream gave a short, startled yelp.