Love. It's not easy. - Get out of my taxi!

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.  ~St. Augustine *************************

**ISAAC'S POINT OF VIEW** I could not believe that bitch, Juliette. She lied to make me think that she only spoke French when she really spoke English too. Then she insults my preformance last night, right in the middle of the breakfast room.  Although I was drunk and still can't remember a thing, I always please the ladies. Juliette, shouldn’t try to pull one over me, I never fail. 

 I got a surprise call from Guest Services this morning saying that my dad would be flying in from Korea to look at the renovations made on the 5th floor at Club5 Sahoro. Even though that should worry me, I guess I will just have to take a cab to Shintoku in Hokkaido so he won't see that I came to Japan. They have a somewhat pleasing selection of stores.

So after the fish incident at breakfast, I ran up to my room to take a long shower to attempt to wash the fish and alcohol smells from my party off. After I got out, I put on a significant amount of cologne to hide any remaining odor, dark-wash jeans, a maroon shirt, black winter jacket, with a black hat.   I got another call from Guest Services around 12 pm. They said that my father would be here any moment.

I ran out of my room and outside to see my dad's driver pulling up. Crap, I forgot to call a taxi. But luckily, I saw a taxi on the east entrance of the hotel. Having no clue who called it or where I would be going, I hopped in. Out of all the people in the world, it was Juliette who was now sitting beside me.  

"What are you doing in here? Get out! This is my cab to Shintoku!" She yelled.

"Well let me explain, my dad has no clue I came to Japan and now he is on his way to check on the hotel renovations. Driver, go, go, go! So, where are we going?"     

"Well I'm going to Shintoku to check out a restaurant and get away from you. You owe me $10 for the cab. And, you deserve to be caught."

As I looked in my pocket for my wallet, I remembered that I had left it on my dresser back at the hotel.

 "Look, I left my wallet at the hotel, I'll pay you back $100 when we get back."  

"Whatever," she said. "Just don't forget my $10."  

When we got to Shintoku, I grabbed Juliette’s hand and told her that we should go to a restaurant that I know that’s just a couple blocks away. I’d been there when with my mom when I was younger.  

"No, you jerk. Let go, I’m going to eat at the ramen place. Back off!"

 But when I refused to let go, she nailed me in the head with her purse...    "SHIT! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE IN THERE!" I pressed my hand on my forehead to feel a bad cut beginning to bleed badly. You could tell she didn't mean to hit me that hard because she looked increasingly guilty.

  "Oh gosh, I swear I didn't mean to give you a cut like that. Umm.... go sit down over there and I’ll go buy some First-Aid stuff."    As she went to the drug store, I went to a bench nearby to sit and rest. Juliette came back with some cream and band-aids. She told me to hold still as she applied the cream.  

"Ow ow... that hurts!Do it gentler."

 "Shut up, Isaac. You know it was your fault. This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't got into my cab. Anyways the cab is $10 and this is $8."  

"Gosh, a victim of abuse shouldn't have to pay for aid."    

After the last comment I made, she dabbed on the cream even harder before slapping on a band-aid. Tough love.  Knowing she was too stubborn to submit to my restaurant suggestion, I decided to follow her where she wanted to go. We ended up eating at a shitty ramen place.  As the waitress handed us our food, Juliette looked me in the eyes and said,

"Why aren't you eating? Do you not know how to use chopsticks?"

 "Oh, yes I do. But I don’t eat low class meals with low class girls."  

"Oh, the only thing low class is your attitude."

 I've never had ramen. I was telling Juliette the truth, rich people never ate it. After the lunch I told Juliette that I knew of some places I could take her. To my shock, she actually agreed. Don't get me wrong, Juliette does get on my nerves but she is still cute.   I took her to a sheep farm. Okay, I know this doesn't sound like usual type of ‘fun,’ but we are in Shintoku, home of the Endless Mountains and farms. The farmer there lets you take a bucket of food and feed the sheep. I did it once when I was eight.

 It was fun to watch her feed the animals as I trailed behind, throwing snow at the sheep who tried to run off. I honestly think that Juliette had fun and after we left, she handed me her camera and asked me to take her picture in-front of the farm's sign. I turned it on and looked at Juliette. Using the camera, I zoomed in on her hazel eyes. When she asked if I had taken it yet, I faced the camera down and took a picture of her shoes.  

 "Okay, your turn. I’ll take your picture," She said  I switched spots with her, confused as to why she wanted my picture, and got in front of the sign.  

"Okay move back a little. Okay just a little more and--"  I tripped in the snow. She had directed me to back into a snow pile. As revenge, I grabbed a snowball and threw it at her face. She did the same and we started a full-blown snowball fight. I fell over exhausted, and she got on top of me and piled snow in my face. When we were done, she rolled over next to me.  "Juliette, isn’t this fun? I have another place I want to take you after this."