𝚃 𝚆 𝙴 𝙽 𝚃 𝚈 𝙵 𝙾 𝚄 𝚁

Emerald's POV
Owen stopped the live and turned off his phone. What am I supposed to do now? I wanted to do the live because we wouldn't have to talk to each other like this. I kind of just want to avoid a conversation.

I get off his lap and sit next to him. The sky is now dark, the only light is the one from the lamps beside us and the lights in the jacuzzi.

I feel Owen's hand grab mine but all I do is pull away. Im not trying to be mean. Or give him mixed signals. I'm just not ready for what I think he's about to ask me.

God, I'm not full of myself. It's not like I think every guy I ever meet is in love with me. I just hope he does. Is that selfish? If he asked me out I would tell him no. I would tell him I need more time, that I'm just simply not ready. Yet I want him to like me, to have a crush on me, and to care for me.

Maybe I do want him as my boyfriend. Just not right now. I want to date him but I also need time. I'm so fucking indecisive and this time its coming back to bite me in the ass.

"Emerald, we need to talk." Owen looks at me with his big piercing blue eyes and at this point I'm melting.

"Yea, let's talk about music. What do you even listen to?" I ask him pretending to care.

I mean,  I do care about what he listens too. I just don't care right now. I'm honestly really trying to change to topic.

"Uh the Beatles." He answers, a lot of confusion in his voice and eyes.

"Mmm an old soul." I squint my eyes, pretending to analyze him as if I'm making an important decision.

"Emerald." He raises his eyebrows, more serious this time.

"Owen." I smile, kind of challenging him.

His eyes soften and he continues to look at me. His eyes go down to my lips and back up.

"What?" I giggle since he hasn't said anything. He's been quiet for like 6 seconds and its weird. I wonder what he thinking abou-

"Can I kiss you?" He asks as he makes himself closer to me.

"Well, yes, but I'm not responsible for any-" Just then I feel his lips on mine, stopping my sentence completely.

I don't know how to describe this, other than heaven. His lips are so soft, a little chapped but it's fine. It just hit me, I'm kissing Owen. I start to kiss back since he caught me by surprise and I wasn't really doing anything.

He tastes like honey and coffee. Of course he does. It is a very weird combination, but he makes it work. My hands make my way to his hair as we continue to kiss.

He tries to pull away but I pull him closer for a little way longer and his hands slither down to my waist. I shouldn't be kissing Owen. I can't be kissing Owen. Nevertheless, he pulls me on to his lap and continues to kiss me.

To be completely honesty, I don't know what I'm doing. I've only made out with Sam before and it was not consensual. All the other times they were just little pecks. But now it's different. Owen is different.

I pull away to, y'know breath. Owen throws his head back trying to catch some air. After about 5 seconds he looks back down at me. A smile grows on his face and I can't help but smile too.

"What were you going to say?" Owen asks me, a slight blush on his cheeks.

"Doesn't matter," I mutter and look down at his lips. I know we just kissed and we should talk about it. We should discuss this and how we feel. We can't just keep kissing each other and try to forget about our feelings.

Wait that's me. Owen isn't doing that, I am. Is shouldn't keep kissing him to try and hide my emotions from myself. It won't be good for me or for him.

Ah who am I kidding, we'll talk about it later.

I kiss him again, softer this time. One hand is on my cheek the other on my waist. He licks my lip. HE LICKED MY LIP. I pull away and shake my head. I can't believe I did that, as soon as I realized the what I was doing I just couldn't. This can't be happening right now.

"Are you okay?" Owen asks, worried tone in his voice as I get off of his lap and sit next to him. His hand gets on my thigh and caresses it slowly. He's such a calming person sometimes.

"I- we can't date love, at least not publicly. You know how people get. Besides I'm not good at relationships, I'v ruined all of them. Im not ready to do this because what if I ruin us?" His hand stops moving back and forth. I'm not even making eye contact right now.

"I figured. This doesn't have to happen right away. Take your time, but you need to know that you aren't going to ruin anything. You can't you care too much and that one of the things I really like about you." He puts his arm around me neck and pulls me closer. The moon is shining right to our directions and the stars are extra bright.

I've never been with someone who makes me feel this way. Sure, I was with Diego but it was too awkward at times, this is so much more... easy?

What am I even talking about? I met him 5 months ago. I know almost nothing about him. I mean, he's funny, kind, a little stupid, insanely talented, but that is it. I don't even know his favorite color.

Owen's POV
"What's your favorite color?" Emerald asks as she looks at me with a small smile in her face. I kiss her forehead lightly before I answer,

"Well this is a recent change, but it's Emerald." She rolls her eyes and puts her head back on my shoulder. Her head on my shoulder is starting to be a very comfortable position to be in right now.

"Cute." She mutters then continues on to say hers,

"Mines are lavender, sage, and maroon." She sighs as I hold her tighter now.

The moon perfectly lighting up her face. Emerald's bright brown eyes stare at the stars as she tries to get more and more comfortable.

She moves her head slightly so that she's looking at me again. Em leans in to kiss my cheek ever so lightly. Her cheeks turning into a light shade of pink.

"We should head back inside, it's late." I whisper.

I don't mean to ruin the moment, I'm just very tired. Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have said anything. she takes her phone and smiles.

"Okay, let's make a TikTok first." I smile at her and nod.