chapter three | flowers in her dress pockets

──────── ♡ ────────

st. john's, newfoundland, canada 1921

"daisy? you in here?" edward wonders holding onto a small metal box.

"hehe, maybe," the girl giggles, "but ya gotta find me first!"

edward shakes his head snorting, "alright." the copper-haired boy already knows where the girl is, but his small smile turns enormously toothy as his eyes catch sight of a little yellow wildflower poking out from above the couch.

"you know, you can't hide when there are flowers poking out of your hair." he calmly cites crouching down behind her.

daisy shrikes falling to her butt, "ah! you scared me, eddie!" pursing her lips the little cullen pouts thinking how unfair it was that he found her so quickly. she crosses her arms muttering, "i s'pose ya caught me fair 'n square."

edward's head falls back in a fit of rare belly laughs. he then stands offering his free hand to daisy, "i got you something."

"oh? what is it?!" she beams ecstatically. he shuffles over to the other side of the couch, plopping down onto the cotton seat. patting the seat next to him, daisy jumps over and sits excitedly with stars in her eyes.

"happy brithday, daisy." he says handing her the small metal box. her eyes widen and she gently takes the pretty box laying it in her lap. her mind races of what it could be. eddie's gifts are always so fun and sweet!

she pulls the lid open and there lays a beautiful silver bracelet with a lone daisy flower charm.

her lip's part while she strokes the charm with her pointy finger not yet taking it out of the box. why would eddie get her something so beautiful? pretty sure it's expensive too. worried about the cost and quality she inches her finger back.

"here," edward grabs the box knowing the distress that's eating at her. he grabs her wrist gently and clasps the bracelet, "there." he looks at her with a sweet smile, his thumb rubbing across her wrist. "do you like it?"

what kind of question is that? she'd love anything eddie gave her, even if it was a dead pregnant rat. she bit her lip, speechless at his kindess and picked at her fingernails. "thank you, eddie," she whispers softly. if she were human, tears would be streaming down her flushed face, but instead, she leans into her loving soul-brothers embrace.

"i love it."

daisy strokes the charm as she hums in the elevator. glancing around she sees a new face, a giant that would put her sweet brother emmett to shame. she gives the giant man a smile and takes a flower pen out of her pocket, "would you like it?" she asks sweetly holding it up to him. "you look like you need some color- some razzle-dazzle!"

felix's eyes rise questionably. what? would he like a sickening yellow pen littered with sunflowers? no, absolutely not. it looks dreadful. and what did she say? razzle-dazzle? yet the gleam in her repulsively golden eyes turn his judgment to dust. he takes it and stuffs it into his coat pocket, his suspecting cast never leaving her body. her sweet smile and strange energy almost made his lips curve. what a weird child.

the elevator comes to a stop and the guards push the cullen's and the human out forcing them to walk into the dark hallway lit with torches and candlelight.

daisy looks to edward whom she hasn't seen in months. he looks terrible. it pains her to see him in such a state of misery and grief. and over what? that narrow-minded juice box who thinks of nothing but herself?! daisy loves eddie with every ounce of her being, but she thinks his taste in women is lower than the very cave that they're currently in.