chapter six | apologies, i s'pose

──────── ♡ ────────

marcus kindly guides her down the dimly lit hallway, feeling a mix of nerves and guilt churning and gnawing deep inside her. she feels awful for what she's put eddie through. maybe not so much isabella, because she is rude, but she'd hate to lose eddie because of her ill feelings for his... mate? she loves eddie and if that means putting up with smelly belly then she will.

marcus rubs a comforting hand on her back sensing her distress, "it will be okay, daisy."

the two go down a flight of stairs and eventually find themselves standing in front of eddie's door. marcus rests his hand on the pouting girl's head, "there will be a guard here for when you two are finished. he'll escort you back." daisy sighs watching the man leave and heaves loudly glancing back at the door eddie resides in. oh, how foolish she feels- how selfish she feels. her hate almost got him killed.

sucking up some courage she knocks on the door softly. immediately the door swifts open revealing and neutral-faced eddie. he doesn't say anything, probably too focused on her loud, bombarding, conflicted thoughts.

daisy fidgets under his anguished gaze, "can we talk... alone?" she whispers.

the copper-haired cullen glimpses at bella who's standing just feet from him, anger clearly ridden on her face. "sure," he mumbles walking out. he shuts the door gently behind him and the two stand in the hallway awkwardly quiet, tension almost thicker than the alaskan snow.

daisy drags her creamy pumps across the marbled floor, the subtle scraping noise filling the tensed air. "oh, eddie. i'm so sorry." she confesses sincerely and flops to the floor with a huff.

"i'm sorry for everything. to you and to isabella." she squeaks playing with the hems of her dress. "i just- i thought she wasn't... enough. i thought her smelly blood 'taminated with yer emotions and it upset me. greatly."

"i thought she was manipulating you," she murmurs.

edward stares at the grieving girl and sits beside her. he pulls his knees up and rests his arms on them thinking about her forthcomings- both verbal and mental.

"i know you'd never kill yourself over just a girl from biology class and i'm sorry i didn't help ya when ya needed me the most." she finishes in a heartfelt tone.

"i still don't like her, but i won't be overly mean to her. unless she really provokes me." she exaggeratingly rambles.

"it's alright, daisy."

but it wasn't. not to her. she hates lord montague and lady capulet- how dare she become the very thing she hates? especially directed to her sweet soul brother whom she loves and who has been there for her more than anyone.

edward stares at the painting in front of them reminiscing, "when i went to brazil, all i could think of was her. she- maybe i didn't handle the situation right. my head felt so... distorted. i didn't intend to hurt your feelings either when leaving. i just- i needed some time alone to figure out what was wrong with me."

he pauses, his mouth ajar in memorial fright, "my head was so loud. her voice, her smell, her- it was suffocating. my throat would tighten, i couldn't even hear outside of my own head it was that deafening. i actually think i went mentally insane for months." his voice cracks in despair.

daisy scoots closer to edward leaning her shoulder against his. she hates to see him in pain. poor sap has always been a depressing thing, but when it comes to girls he's like a pubescent boy. confused and disorganized. she doesn't blame him. if she paraded around thinking she was a dammed anomaly against nature hearing everyone's thoughts and intentions she'd probably lose it too.