Chapter 5

"wait, so you're telling me, that park sunghoon messaged you back?" jungwon said quite amused by the shocking news his best friend triumphantly announced.

"yes !" sunoo exclaimed joyfully.

even if deep inside, he felt as if things would go somewhat wrong. it could happen at this very moment or at the moment he would least expect it to happen.

it all felt wrong, he knew that this wasn't just any typical love story.

he always dreamt of being able to text his crush but being anonymous about it felt wrong, too wrong.

it also stung his heart at how sunghoon didn't even know who he just replied too. maybe he's done his approach wrong ?

sunoo was a very optimistic person and a really humble guy, throughout the years he had not changed at all and his two brothers and father could not have been more grateful.

he probably changed in a way where he became more articulate, more creative and more confident. so he evolved as a talented individual but as a brother, specifically the youngest.  he's still the same person, he's still very loving and supportive.

but this one incident could easily shatter his whole optimism. even sunoo, himself is aware of this and the situation he has gotten himself into since the very moment he typed down those sweet words.

"Then did he atleast ask for your name?" Jungwon asked softly as he slurped up his ramen.

at this, sunoo's lips slightly curved up and a small grin appeared on his pouty lips. triumphantly, he pointed his finger up to nowhere in particular and said "yes, but I didn't tell him my actual name I just told him to call me sunshine." the said boy smiled afterwards, feeling rather proud of himself for making such decision.

thus, won't it be cute if the person you like texts you saying "good morning, sunshine." ? well, to sunoo that would be a whole serotonin boost.

jungwon stared at his friend, judging him slightly. sunoo, on the other hand had noticed it. not wanting to ruin his mood, he completely disregarded it.

as the latter continued munching down his food, he felt the atmosphere between him and his best friend slowly dying. in other words, it was as if they just had a big fight.

sunoo looked up from his food and glanced at jungwon who was just across him.

the younger was just eating his food peacefully, his cheeks filled with cake making the latter look rather cute.

sunoo being the optimistic person he is, he completely despised the feeling of negativity or when another person felt down.

well, jungwon looked down to him.

sunoo didn't like how the younger left him with no response at all.
"what? aren't you going to say something? shout at me? scold me? try to correct me? nothing?" he started.

"cool. whatever you say hyung." jungwon replied, smiling afterwards before going back to his food.

sunoo was left puzzled, jungwon's response had no connection with what he had just asked.

but little does he know, the younger was just undeniably tired with the older's antics.

the two boys continued eating in silence enjoying their own respective meals and acknowledging one another's presence from time to time.

by how do they acknowledge each other's presence you may ask, but that is one thing I wish not to say.

an hour passed and sunoo's phone started to explode with a bunch of notifications.

"sunoo, is your phone okay ?" jungwon asked the elder.

the latter simply just nodded acting as if it was normal for him to receive spam messages since it was mostly heeseung spamming him messages.

"don't you want to check?" jungwon suggested.

"don't bother me whule em esfing!" sunoo retorted as he stuffed more cake into his mouth.

"what if it's urgent?" jungwon replied, raising his brow.

"et's hine."

"do you remember that time when—"

jungwon started, making sunoo roll his eyes.

"OKAY FINE I'LL CHECK!!" sunoo interrupted the younger from finishing his statement.

"you made me swallow my food!!"

"you were supposed to swallow your food anyway!"

"but not too fast!!" sunoo said cutely.

"The first rule of eating is that you have to savour the taste. especially when it's cake and you, yang jungwon, rushed me from doing so." he said, giving jungwon a cold glare.

"okay?"

the latter rolled his eyes while he continued to enjoy his dessert completely forgetting the fact that he was supposed to check the reason behind the amount of notifications he had received. likewise, jungwon munched on his chocolate cake while chuckling at the older's self proclaimed 'rule.'

little did sunoo know who sent the messages.

sunghoon ♡︎
4 unread messages

sunghoon ︎ :
sunshine ?
I have a question..
if it's okay for me to ask?
how did you get my number?