Chapter 2

"Heeseung, can you help me prepare the table ? Ah there you are Soobin, make sure these food taste good alright? And where is he-"

"I'm here !! Goodmorning dad, hyungs." Sunoo said jumping into the kitchen with a huge smile on his face.

"Someone seems to be in a good mood today." Jin said with a lovely voice as he smiled thanks to Sunoo.

Don't get him wrong, he loves each of his sons equally but Sunoo's more of a happy virus spreading around the house.

| September 5, 2017 |

"I'm sorry, Soobin, Heeseung and especially you, Sunoo." Kim Jaena said speaking softly and engulfing her three kids in a big warm hug.

'I'm sorry if I'm not going to be here to guide you throughout your whole life and watch you guys grow and be proud of your academic achievements. But I know all of you will do well without me and surpass any obstacle that may come your way.' Were the words she wanted to say but deep inside, she just couldn't.

It's as if she had a huge lump in her throat that she couldn't quite swallow down and everytime she looked or glanced at her kids, her eyes would sting and tear drops would come forming in her eyes.

"W-Where are you going?" The eighteenth year old Soobin asked as his sobs got louder and louder.

"I have to go, I'm sorry. Soobin, can I have a word with you?" Jaena said standing up extending her hand out for the young brunette to hold.

Reluctantly, Soobin grabbed ahold of their mother's hand and she started walking to the boy's bedroom.

Soobin felt his heart aching from the sudden announcement his mom made but at the same time his body was quivering from fear.

He knows all too well that his mother would give him a talk making sure his younger siblings and his father would do well when she leaves.

As they entered the brunette's room, Jaena closed the door to prevent anybody from eavesdropping into their conversation.

"Soobin, I know that this is a lot to take in right now but hear me out." Jaena said as she inhaled deeply and exhaled softly.

All Soobin could do was nod and follow his mother's orders. He was obligated to as he was the first born.

"I want you to take care of your siblings, they have so much to learn and I know it's wrong for me to-" She stopped as her eyes teared up.

"To leave, but trust me, I really don't want to do this but it's for the best."

Soobin nodded hesitantly, now that he knows all the responsibilities will be on him gave me a huge weight on his shoulders.

Kim Jaena engulfed the younger in a hug while they both sobbed. it was indeed too much to take in but as his mother gave all her responsibilities onto him he had to be strong.

"Don't cry okay? I'll come back eventually." Soobin nodded and they both left his room.

Heeseung and Sunoo were pacing back and forth as they felt their heart break with the sudden action. To be frank, they knew this day would possibly happen as they would always hear their parents yelling at each other very loudly.

Jin is a great father and also a great husband but the only shortcoming of his is that he prioritizes his work more than his family.

Jaena and Jin have been together for more than 20 years and their marriage has only been 13 years ago.

Things happened way too fast for Sunoo's liking but Heeseung was the only one that was badly affected by this situation.

Soobin and Sunoo were closer to their dad while Heeseung would always go out with their mom.