Chapter 3

weeks have passed since soobin's little celebration, and sunoo made sure to text 'sunghoon' for a few days prior. but unfortunately, the said boy still hasn't replied only leaving sunoo on seen.

sunoo waited for days until the boy would finally reply, days turned into weeks and weeks would soon turn into months.

having to text your crush only to see that they leave you on seen is honestly a very frustrating situation but in sunoo's case, he was a random anonymous person texting his crush sweet messages.

sunoo finished taking a shower and put on his pjs along with a yellow hoodie to warm up his body.

the boy lay down on his bed with his stomach pressing against the soft covers as he took out his phone to watch some random videos in youtube, well penguin videos to be specific.

he stayed in that position for a few good minutes watching penguins waddle around and those penguin movement reminded him of the one and only, park sunghoon.

he heard a faint knock on his door and turned to see heeseung slightly opening it. "sunoo, can i talk to you for a minute?" heeseung asked smiling.

"uhm, sure hyung, what do you want?" sunoo replied back getting off his stomach and sat down, patting the space beside him for his older brother to sit on.

"thanks, but you see.." heeseung started, he averted his gaze from sunoo lowering his head and fiddling with his fingers as a sign of nervousness. sunoo noticed this little gesture and his eyes squinted in curiosity.

"what is it hyung?"

"i saw mom outside of our house just two nights ago."

sunoo was taken a back by this sudden information and slouched his back, his small smile fading into a small pout.

"are you sure?"

"i'm not sure if it was her but i saw her o-outside! s-she was in a car a-and, maybe this is a sign?"

"but what sign could you mean?"

"maybe she wants to come back, maybe she's ready to come back."

"hyung i-" sunoo sighed in disbelief, "i don't think she would just suddenly come back after three years just so suddenly."

"sunoo, but don't you want mom to come back?" heeseung asked arching his brow, his eyes twinkling and his lips in a straight line.

sunoo was left speechless, how could heeseung just suddenly ask him this question, not that it was personal but to think that he would be happy his mom came back after leaving them with no explanation needed.

"i don't know hyung, we've adjusted without her and i feel like, if she comes back, things would just suddenly change. we survived for three whole years without mom and we survived three whole years with each other. i don't think seeing her just entering our lives again just so suddenly could benefit us, i really don't." sunoo explained his own opinion under one breath.

"but we've been a broken family."

"hyung, broken family or not, we're still a family no matter what." sunoo said as he averted his gaze from heeseung to look up at his ceiling which he added little stars onto.

"does soobin hyung know about this?" sunoo said as he looked back at his brother that stared at the plain wall, he nodded his head hesitantly.

"i think he has the right to know whether she's actually here or not." sunoo said with a small smile of encouragement.

heeseung pursed his lips before answering the younger with a nod. sunoo and heeseung talked for an hour or two, laughing and joking around with each other.

at that time, sunoo's door wasn't fully closed properly, so when jin passed by, he overheard the two boys bickering, laughing just bonding with each other in general.

the father peeked through the small opening and smiled wildly, a few soft chuckles releasing from his mouth as well as he stood there for what seemed like an eternity just admiring how his boys still got along.

soobin was still doing his school project and all of his homeworks as well so it was well understood why he wasn't in sunoo's room taking part of all of the bickering.

"dad, what are you doing here?" soobin asked as he exited his bedroom closing the door behind him.

jin jumped a bit by surprised as he held his chest to calm down his racing heart. "ah, it's just you, you gave me a shock there bin." jin said as he chuckled softly closing sunoo's door properly this time before walking towards his son who seemed completely exhausted from all of the works his college just thrown onto all of the students.

a little late introduction but let's just pretend this has been written since the first chapter now shall we?

jin works at a company being the CEO of that exact company making him one of the most famous CEO of the most famous company let alone the most famous man in South Korea.

they've been a broken family since three years ago when their mother just left them so suddenly without any explanation.

soobin, being the eldest amongst all three siblings shows good examples to his younger brothers and with that being said, he's always been chosen as the class president for five years in a row now thanks to his straight A* grades.

heeseung comes in secondly and he's always able to keep up his grades as well, he loves to sing and sometimes sings for his school with his band or they either go gigging somewhere else.

sunoo is a cute baby that always brings positivity around the whole house being the happy virus he is, he's also really mature and sometimes gives off advices for heeseung.

let's resume now shall we?

"oh i was just checking up on your brothers." jin said smiling afterwards causing soobin's expression to brighten up as well.

"what about you?" jin said, concerned evident on his voice and on his face as he looked at soobin's big eye bags.

"I-I'm fine dad, just .... tired." the said boy replied, yawning afterwards.

"well, please don't tire yourself out too much, your mental health is much more important than your school works, you know that right?" jin said with a soft tone causing soobin to smile a bit from how worried his dad about him was.

"yes dad, I know that, i'll be heading to sleep right after i fix a few things about the project."

jin stayed quiet but nodded in approval before pointing at his room to signal that he also had so much work to do.

soobin nodded and kissed his dad's cheek goodnight and started to walk towards the kitchen area to grab some treats.

jin entered his room as well, and minutes after heeseung also left sunoo's room to head back to his own room so that he could sleep.

sunoo was once again left alone in his room just staring blankly at the window remembering what heeseung said earlier.

"I saw mom outside of our house just two nights ago." 

the thought alone just made shivers go up his spine, could it be possible that she's back after disappearing three years ago with no text messages or atleast a single mail?

"I'm so tired of this." sunoo groaned as he flopped back onto the comfort of his bed as he closed his eyes to get some rest.

as if on cue, his phone let out a little "ding" signaling that he got a notification from his phone.

he fluttered his eyes open and let out a silent groan as he reached for his phone that was on his bedside table.

sunoo turned his phone on and his eyes grew wide as he saw the notification.

Sunghoon ♡︎:
who is this?

sunoo got a fucking message from park sunghoon.