VIII

-

"...H-Haechan?"

Mark inched away from the edge of the building, and got closer to Haechan. He couldn't believe his eyes.

"Y-You're... here?"

Haechan chuckled. "Yeah. I'm here." He extended his arms to give Mark a hug. The sicker stumbled toward him and squeezed him tightly, tears trailing down his face. The hug felt weird, almost empty.

"Haechan I missed you so much... I-I'm sorry that I-"

"You don't need to be sorry. It's alright Mark." Haechan rubbed the back of the other's head, and allowed him to cry on his shoulder.

Mark felt all sorts of emotions. Happiness, guilt, sorrow, everything. He ignored the feeling that everything felt off, and just focused on the fact that Haechan was with him once again.

"Let's go back downstairs. Johnny would be worried if he found out we left the apartment." He raised Mark off his shoulder, and led him back into the building.

***

Johnny quickly made his way back to the apartment. He had two bags of groceries in one hand, and his phone in the other. He has been calling and texting Mark and hadn't gotten a response back. Johnny grew worried, constantly checking his phone to see if his friend would answer him.

He entered the apartment elevator and pressed the button for his floor. He peeked at his phone again, but was met with nothing.

He wasn't gone for long. It only took less than 15 minutes...

He should've dragged Mark along with him. He had a bad feeling twisting in his stomach.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, Johnny dashed straight to his apartment. The grocery bags hit his legs as he moved. He reached his door and fumbled with the keys as he tried to insert them in the lock. But to his surprise, the door was already opened. Johnny froze, trying to remember if he just forgot to lock it. He slowly opened the door, and entered his empty apartment. He dropped his groceries on the floor, and frantically looked around for Mark.

"Mark? Mark!" He called. No matter how hard he tried to remain calm, fear could still be heard in his voice.

Mark's phone laid on the couch, right in between the crevice of the cushions. Johnny picked it up and saw all the notifications from his calls and texts. Mark wasn't here, he had went somewhere. He quickly puts the pieces together.

The roof.

Shockingly, as soon as Johnny left his apartment, he immediately bumped into Mark. The force almost pushed the shorter over, but Johnny caught him just in time.

"Holy fuck Mark, I've been looking for you!!" Johnny pulled him in for a hug. He was relieved to find his friend, but you could hear the slight anger in his tone. "Where the hell were you?!"

"Oh, uh... that doesn't matter. I'm alright. But look who I found!!" Mark withdrew from the hug, and held his arm out for Haechan behind him.

Johnny looked at the empty space before him, then looked at Mark. "Uh...what do you mean?"

Mark laughed. "What do I mean? Haechan's here!" He looked at the space next to him and smiled.

Johnny stood there in confusion. "Haechan" was here? He was speechless, his eyes widening as he watched Mark talk to himself, bringing "Haechan" inside the apartment.

Mark walked over to his plastic bag filled with Haechan's things, and held them out in front of him. "Haechan look, I have all your things."