Chapter 1: Incoming

"I don't even remember this boy!" 

"I know, I know. You guys were too young to remember but he's coming tomorrow whether you like it or not, honey" my mom stated, trying to calm me down. How am I supposed to be okay with a complete stranger living in the room next to mine. I stayed quiet, trying to process that I would be living with someone I barley even remember. She stared at me for a while then proceeded. 

"Look sweetie, Dylan's parents were our best friends in high school. They made us his godparents. Wouldn't you do the same for your best friend Ashley?" she patted my back, trying to be sincere. 

How was she going to try and flip the situation like that. I call bullshit. 

"Yeah, I guess" 

"It was a horrible thing that happened-" she blinked away tears that began to form. I honestly couldn't imagine losing my best friend. They still spoke over the phone once they moved away but they moved away from California to Florida. They would always miss each other because of the different time zones. They had to move away because Dylan's dad got offered a better job or whatever. 

"But I can't go back and save them, even if I wanted to. We made a promise that whatever happened to them we would be there for Dylan" she was now sobbing. I felt my stomach churn, I hate seeing my parents cry. I always freak out and never know what to say. 

"I-It's okay mom, I understand. What time does he get here?" I changed the subject as I tried to comfort her. 

She took a deep breath in, "Around 3, Your father and I will pick him up from the airport. Then we have to go and register him for school. We won't get back until 5" she sighed. 

"Well I have plans tomorrow around that time" I wanted to get away from the house, I'm not good around people who's loved ones passed.  

"No, no.  It's Sunday tomorrow so that means you are staying home and keeping Dylan company. You know we have a plane to fly tomorrow." She was looking at her watch. Her and my dad are Pilots. Which means they are rarely home. I'll admit that it does get lonely, maybe having Dylan around will change that.  

"Alright" I rolled my eyes. "Sweet dreams Ally" she said without looking at me. "Night mom" I muttered as she closed my room door. Great, just great. I decided to fill Ashley in, 

 Me:You won't believe it

Ashley: OMG WHAT! 

Me: Apparently it was NOT a rumor. He is coming. 

Ashley: It'll be fine, maybe he'll barley even be home. Isn't he just getting out of Juvie?

I forgot about that, I don't even want him here to begin with. Now I'll be living with a criminal? No thanks, 

Me: Yeah don't remind me

Ashley: Maybe he's nice. Even if he's not nice I want you to be nice, he just lost his parents. He didn't even get to say goodbye. 

She's right, I thought. I turned my phone off and decided to take a bath. I have to relax if I want to ace my French test on Monday. I striped and got in the hot bath. My skin was turning red because of the water, I like it like that. I grab some soap and run it under the faucet, creating bubbles. I place my whole entire body underwater and let my worries disappear.  

Later that night I finished studying. I get a text from Hardin my ex boyfriend. We decided to stay friends since we have majority of our classes together.