Chapter 1

Paul's POV-Jacob and I are on patrol, we were heading back to Sams when we both start to smell something odd, an unknown scent

Paul's POV-
Jacob and I are on patrol, we were heading back to Sams when we both start to smell something odd, an unknown scent. I howl for back up, not wanting to investigate and have something go wrong. We hear the others shift in our minds, asking where we are. We reply by telling them we're heading towards the cliffs, towards the scent.

It's not bad, not at all. It smells like salt water and rose mixed, maybe a bit of lavender? Odd but not bad. Jacob agrees with me, defiantly lavender. Shaking myself out of my thoughts as we arrive at the source of the nice smell. We see a naked girl on the forest floor. We don't know whether to turn away or keep looking. I mean it's not every day you see a pretty naked girl in the middle of the woods.

We turn around as the others arrive, we shift back to investigate the girl some more. The others follow, Leah comes up behind us with a shirt in hand, covering what she can of the girl with the shirt. "What now?" Seth asks. "I don't know, we should take her to Emily to get checked out though, something just doesn't seem right" Sam replied to Seth's question. Sam walks up and gently picks up the girl who he knows nothing about. We begin to walk back to the house.

As we arrive Emily can be seen through the window, making a big meal for us no doubt. We walk inside, the others going before me. Emily comes to greet us and Sam when she sees the girl in his arms. "Who's this? Oh my what happened to her!?" She says worriedly as she scans the girl with her eyes.

Sam places the girl on the couch and turns to Emily. "We don't know, Paul and Jacob were doing patrol and they called for help because they smelt a new scent. We arrived and she was just laying there, no clothes. Nothing with her." Sam says. "We figured we should bring her here, see if we can help and hopefully find out who she is" Jacob adds in.

Emily is quick to grab supply's to help the unknown girl. Telling us guys to move so she has space. We watch as she does what she can to help her wounds. After 10 minutes she's done and the girl is fully clothed thanks to her and Leah. "Okay, she should be fine. I won't know anything more until she wakes up but from what I could tell, she's going to be okay. You can turn around now" Emily says after putting everything away and finishing putting clothes on the girl. Sam takes the girl upstairs to rest in the spare bedroom. Now we just have to wait for her to wake up.

Athena's point of view-
I can see the darkening clouds, I'm hoping the storm doesn't hit until I'm in safe waters but knowing me I have the worst luck of anyone. It starts to pour in a harsh rain, winds are strong and the waves higher than I could handle, I scramble to find a rock or something to hold onto, but the waves keep pushing and pulling me back and forth. Going underwater wasn't an option as the waves kept me above water in a harsh way.

A huge wave comes by and I hardly have any time to prepare as it crashes down upon me. Shoving me down and backwards. My head collided with a rock structure of some kind that I didn't see under the water. Black dots blur my vision before that's all I see. When I open my eyes the first thing I see is the sky, grey clouds but not as dark like before.

I feel sand underneath me, then a burning sensation on my tail, I lift my head with a groan, feeling the pain from my head hitting the rock. I see a gash on my tail, a long cut on the right side going from mid length to the bottom of my fin. I know I have to change back, it's going to hurt. I haven't been in my human form since I was 12. It's been 5 years.

I don't have any other choice, I can't treat the wound unless I'm fully human. I drag myself away from the water, painfully dragging my tail through the rough sand and branches littering the sand. I can feel myself changing back as I'm out of the water. It burns but I've handled a lot worse.

Once I feel my legs under the skin of my tail, I push back, leaving the old shell of my tail behind to dissolve in the water. I scan over the cut on my leg, it's bad but it will be easy to heal. I start to stand, not wanting to be In the open any longer, it's never a good idea to be in the open while injured. It takes a while but I get the hang of walking again, I don't like it. It's not natural to me like swimming is. I make it to the forest and start walking deeper into it. About 10 minutes go by and I start to feel more pain in my leg and very light headed. The familiar black dots in my vision return. Before I can stop it, I feel myself falling onto the forest floor, my vision going black.

Authors note!-
This is my first story that I've ever written. I was nervous to make this because I'm not the best at writing, I'm better at coming up with the ideas lol. So if you see any mistakes please let me know! I want to work at becoming the best I can be! Which includes criticism and suggestions. I apologize if the first few chapters are not the best, I'm working on it haha. Thank you for reading!!!!❤️💋