The Boy Who Cried Wolf

~☆~

3rd person POV

Arabella made her way across the castle to the Black Lake making up her mind as to how to approach Remus about him being a werewolf because you can't exactly accuse someone of being one with the kind of reputation people with lycanthropy have around the wizarding world.

Once she made it to the lake she immediately spotted Remus out of the corner of her eye and made her way over to him, playing with the rings on her fingers.

Remus wasn't paying attention to his surroundings or really doing anything at all. He was sitting under a tree with his eyes closed breathing in the air which made Arabella think he was sleeping and she probably shouldn't go talk to him, but as soon as she was about to turn around and he shifted changing the way he was sitting. Taking this as her opportunity she made her way closer to him.

"Rem?" she asked quietly to not startle him too much.

"Ara, hi, wha- what are you doing here?" he asked looking at her with a confused look on his face.

"Hi, sorry to interrupt your moment with mother nature but I just needed to talk to you about something"

"Uhh sure, what about may I ask," he asked scared of whatever she's going to say next.

Arabella looked around the lake and saw no one near but then she remembered that this was one of Rem's sacred places and the conversation they are about to have will most likely ruin this place for him.

"Come on," she said extending her hand to him so she could help him up "let's go to the Astronomy Tower, I love that place"

"Okay?" He said with a confused tone on his voice and took her hand hesitantly standing up using his other hand to push himself off the floor since he didn't want her to actually pull him up afraid of her not being able to handle his weight.

"You know I could easily pick you up right?" she asked with a small laugh.

"Sure you can," he said with a very sarcastic tone.

"Oi! I don't like that tone, and yes I can, I would show you right now but proving myself to you isn't really my top priority right this second"

"Right right of course, sorry m'lady," he said with a small bow.

"Ohh shove off," she said playfully nudging his arm and taking his hand leading him up to the Astronomy Tower, going back to her spiral of how to start the conversation.

Remus noticed that on their way up, Arabella was being awfully quiet which worried him about whatever this conversation may be about. He thought about asking her if she was okay but decided to brush it off as him just being insecure for no reason.

After a while, they finally made it up the stairs and sat at the edge of the platform of the tower with their feet hanging off and resting their arms on the railings. Remus looked at Arabella with slightly furrowed brows still feeling uneasy at her unusual silence.

"Is everything okay Ara?"

"Yeah, obviously everything is okay Rem," she said with a light chuckle.

"Right... and you're being unusually quiet because...?"

She took a deep breath and looked at the view in front of her rather than looking at him while playing with the rings on her fingers.

"I- I just- I don't know how long I can go without curiosity taking the best of me and I'm probably overstepping our boundaries and I shouldn't talk to you about this 'cause it's probably a very sensitive topic and it's honestly just an assumption so I could be terribly wrong about it and-"