A force to be reckoned with

*Briar opens the door and a breeze kicks up behind her, fanning her long hair

*
Briar opens the door and a breeze kicks up behind her, fanning her long hair. It's like one of those slow-motion videos, where the hot chick walks in and it's all eyes on deck. Trust me, they're all on deck.

She's wearing jean shorts that show off mile-high legs, a relaxed v-neck, and a pair of chucks that've put in their time. After situating her sunglasses on top of her head, she spots me and waves.

"That's her?" My newest confidant asks with a marginal tremble in his breath.

"Yep." My palm launches in the air to greet her like I'm a kid in a classroom.

"I'd say that one's worth a black eye or two." He puffs his chest as she heads towards us.

"Hi, Trey." She greets me before talking to the bartender. "I'll take a Blue Moon,please. Hold the fruit."

"Sure thing, sweetheart."

"It's Briar," she responds, not with an attitude, more so matter-of-factly. "But anyway, where's the bathroom?"

He gestures down the back hall with a fascination that's identical to mine.

"Your guys' stuff went alright?" Briar asks after she sits on the barstool next to me

"Yeah, not much to it. Signed some papers." This is nice. I'm more calm around her today. I wipe my palms against my pant legs. Almost more calm. "Chaz told me to give you this. Said to charge up what you want."

She scoffs at the black card I hand her, then she crams it into her pocket. "Trying to buy my forgiveness. But I'll allow it." A dimple impresses her left cheek, and she takes a sip of her drink.

Now I'm wondering what he's wanting her to forgive. And I'm hoping and praying he forgives me when I tell him the truth.

"I was gonna... I was about to come clean to him and—"

"Me too." She inspects our snooper with amusement. "But I was thinking on it, and it's probably better to leave in the past. There's nothing to it." Her chair swivels so she's facing me, and she gulps the rest of her drink. "Won't happen again."