Just for one night

Hours later Danny sat alone in the bathroom on the floor clutching his head in his hands. He had about 30 minutes until the Wayne's friends were set to come over. A pit of anxiety sat at the bottom of his stomach.

He never had been a big fan of group activities with more than just tucker and sam, but it wasn't like he had much of a choice.

The half dead boy stood up and walked over to the mirror and looked at himself. His reflection stared back at him. Blue eyes and black hair. Normal.

He could be normal. Just for one night.

With one last deep breath he exited the bathroom and walked into Jason's room. The boy was changing his shirt. Scars and bruises littered his body, but Danny still couldn't help himself. His eyes were drawn to Jason.

From the sudden noice Jason turned around. He was met with a VERY red Danny standing in shock at the door. Jason realized that he was currently shirtless and raised his hands awkwardly to cover his chest.

"I wasn't looking!" Yelled Danny becoming more and more red. Oh but he was. The three seconds of Jason's abs that he saw were ingrained in his memory.

Jason realized that he wasn't a women and they were both men so he had nothing to hide and quickly moved his hands again. "Uh is that what you're wearing?" Asked Jason.

Danny looked down at his outfit in shame. He was wearing hello kitty pajama pants and a long sleeved shirt. He shook his head and walked over to his suitcase. He pulled out another long sleeve shirt, this time a button up, and a pair of blue jeans.

Jason eyed his choice. "You may want to wear a t-shirt or something... our family nights get intense." Suggested the slightly more Alive boy.

Danny completely froze.

He wasn't ready for any of them to see the scars he had. He knew it was stupid because he had seen theirs but he was still trying to keep them out of the loop for a little while longer.

He shook his head and clutched the clothes in his arms tightly against his chest. Jason sensed the awkwardness so he dropped the topic.

Danny stood there for a moment before Jason left. He then got changed as fast as possible, only giving the giant dissection scar on his chest a second glance. Unbeknownst to him, he wasn't the only.

When he left the room he ran into Tim a little ways down the hallway. The sleep deprived boy was typing away on his laptop. He looked a little mad but Danny didn't pay him any mind.

Just as Danny was about to reach the kitchen he ran into Bruce Wayne. The man actually looked pleased to see him. "I was hoping to run into you, can I steal your attention for a few minutes before people start to show up?" Asked the billionaire.

Danny of course agreed and followed the man into the kitchen to sit down. "The boys told me that you found out about their identities. I'm sure you understand that this cannot under any circumstances reach the press or anything of the sort." Said Bruce in an almost creepy way. The man made an intense smile to match the eerie mood.

Danny did the same. "Yes of course. As I'm sure you've discovered I've had my fair share of run ins with the government and i have no need for any more. The secret is safe with me mr. Wayne." Replied the ghost king with ease. The royal aura radiating off of him practically choking Bruce so the man backed off and left the room.

Just as he was about to leave the room he heard yelling. Screaming actually. "I CALLED IT AHAHAH CONNOR OWES ME ONE HUNDRED BUCKS." From some unknown source.

He followed the voice to the entrance and was met with the sight of an orange haired boy and some tall blond adult. He walked up to them with a smile and held out a hand to the younger one.

"You must be Danny I have heard ALL about you. my name is Wally west and I'm the Wayne's self proclaimed best friend." Said the boy in a really fast voice. Danny was taken aback by the speed actually.

When he shook his hand he got shocked and Jason eyed him suspiciously. Wally on the other hand payed it no mind. "That's weird ahaha, that usually only happens with Jason considering the ya know, being revived thing. Don't worry though. You've probably just spent to much time with him." Explained the boy.

Danny nodded and laughed awkwardly but he could feel Jason's eyes burning into the side of his head. He hadn't know that the speedsters powers would do that to someone like him. Thought if he really thought about it, it kind of made sense. He had a super slow heartbeat whilst the other boy had a super fast one. It must've been some sort of reaction.

The three boys walked towards the game room chatting animatedly as they went. When they reached it the other three Wayne boys were in there with two girls. One Danny recognized as miss Martian in human form, the other as raven.

The chances of raven recognizing him were slim but he still knew he'd have to be careful. He had had a run in with her in ghost form a couple months prior. She was looking for an amulet in the ghost zone and he granted her safe passage and led her the whole way there.

They sat down at the table with them and all started a game of cards to pass the time until everyone started showing up. Damian won consistently every time. No matter if they played  13 or chase the ace or even go fish. He was unbeatable.

Once connor and Artemis showed up they decided to play a new game. Cards against humanity. The game went on for hours until the clock hit 7. The group moved towards the dining room for dinner. Everyone was sat down at the long table when Wally spoke up.

"Oh by the way connor you owe me $100. I told you Jason was gay." Said the boy with a voice full of pride. Jason of course was in the middle of drinking and he spat it out.  Everyone started laughing, lifting some of the awkwardness.

Connor on the other hand lightly punched wallys arm. "No. I told you he was gay, you agreed, and then tried to make a bet with me about it afterwords." Revealed connor. No one was all too suprised but they laughed nonetheless. Wally wasn't exactly known for reading through those types of things.

It was then Clark Kent's turn to speak up. "So Daniel right? I heard you were staying with the Wayne's for a while. What is it your parents do?"

Danny smiled and replied without a second thought. "They are ghost hunters. I'm from amity park." Revealed the boy. The faces of everyone in the room dropped in suprise. "I tend to live with vlad masters most of the time-" started Danny but his phone started to ring.

He pulled out the signature burner phone from his back pocket and immediately went to turn it off but it was tahlia. Again. He sighed heavily. "What is with this lady and calling me during meals. I'm sorry everyone. I really have to take this." Apologized the half ghost while standing up. He walked to the corner of the room.

"Hello, I'm sure you know that I'm currently busy." Said Danny, voice full of snark. The room seemed surprised that the nice boy could sound so cold.

"Yes. I need your help. I added too many chemicals and I need more ectoplasm to balance it." Said the woman. She didn't say please or anything nice, she was straight to the point.

Danny had planned on going to fix things secretly later that night but now he didn't want to. "And that's my problem? I don't owe you anything, you're the one who decided to add a shit ton of unneeded chemicals. Why should I fix it for you?" Asked Danny. It was a genuine question too. He didn't like people who acted like that.

He could practically hear the woman fuming. "Has anyone told you that you don't speak like a king before?" Snapped the woman. Danny laughed loudly and said yes, catching the woman off guard.

"Like I said, I'm busy. At my earliest convenience I will send a squad to check out the problem and relay back to me any worry's. If there's no chance of ectoplasmic radiation, or any explosions I'm going to leave it up to you to fix." Said Danny confidentially before hanging up.

He looked down at the phone in his hand as it started to ring again. He crushed it in his hand and it sparked a bit. When he turned around everyone was staring at him awkwardly.

Danny was more worried though about the phone in his hand. He looked around the room for somewhere to put it before locking eyes with Bruce. "Is there a garbage can around here somewhere?"

authors note; I totally forgot to update the story!! I'm so sorry 😅 I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!!!