Half dead

"Oh you have GOT to be fucking kidding me." Yelled Danny. He had finally gotten the chance to kiss Jason but it just had to be interrupted.

The two boys ran inside. The sight they were met with was not pretty. Ghosts were everywhere. And not ones that Danny could even recognize. It must've been a natural portal from some far away part in the ghost zone.

The heroes were all trying to fight them but due to the fact they all kept turning themselves intangible it was no use. It was a losing battle.

Danny walked calmly over to the one ghost who wasn't trying to reak havoc and started speaking to them in ghost. "Hi my names Daniel but you can call me Danny. May I ask what you guys are doing here." The ghosts white face went invisible from the amount of paleness from shock.

"You're- you're-" stuttered the ghost. He started yelling at the other ghosts that he had come with in Ghost. "It's the king! It's the king." It definitely caught the attention of the other ghosts and they all started coming over to him.

The justice league and teens were all sitting in awe at the display in front of them. The ghosts began poking and jabbing at ghost kings flesh all confused.

"Where is your death." Asked the leader. Danny raised an eyebrow. The grammar in that sentence made no sense. He wrote it off as a translation issue or something. 

"It's in my pocket." Snarked back Danny. Off course the ghosts actually believed him and they all started attacking his pocket. They pulled out the phone and started inspecting it. One of the younger more green ghosts smashed it on the floor.

"No more death!" Chanted the ghosts in unison. Danny just chuckled. Internally he was laughing harder, but he didn't want to look crazy.

"You guys need to leave this place. Go back to where you came from." Threatened Danny. The ghosts seemed to still think they took his death so they attacked him.

Danny of course wasn't gonna let them
Bully him so he blasted a small ecto blast at their faces, just enough to scare them off. It worked wonders since they all started trying to fly away. that would've created a bigger problem so he held his arm out and created a portal to the ghost zone.

"Bye bye now".

The ghost portal started turning a darker green and became somewhat of a vacuum. The ghosts all slowly but surely got sucked into the portal. Once he was sure they were all gone he closed the portal with the snap of his fingers.

He turned around and saw everyone staring at him. He didn't need to look to know his hair was Snow White. It happened every time He used the portal part of his ability.

"Uh, I can explain?" Said the boy, completely and utterly panicked.

"You better." Snapped super man.

Danny could already feel a cold sweat dripping down the back of his neck. Everyone's eyes were on him. The boy who had been confident only a moment earlier turned to an anxious mess.

"Well- you see..." started Danny, praying to whatever god there was out there that he could lie himself out of this. "I uh- have this condition where... ghosts... are attracted to me??? I smell like death."

The eyes of practically everyone filled with disbelief. Not that Danny could be surprised. Out of all the things he could've said, that was what he went with.

"You smell like death? And why doesn't Jason." Asked Bruce. It was a good question. One that trapped Danny. There was no where to go from there.

Anxiety settled in his chest. He knew that this whole thing had been a bad idea. He should've stayed with his parents, even they were better then whatever was making him feel this way.

Guilt.

Regretful.

Dejected.

Miserable.

Everyone's eyes were on him.

If he left, they knew where to find him. There was no escaping the predicament he had gotten himself in. Jason wasn't looking at him with love like he had been only moments earlier. No. He was looking at him with fear.

"I- well- he" stammered out Danny. It felt like his heart was gonna beat out of his chest. His heart hadn't been at such a high BPM since before he had died.

Danny sighed heavily before facing Bruce and Jason. "I'm sorry." Said the boy quietly. Even though it was said quietly, it seemed to echo through the room due to the silence. "I shouldn't have lied from the start... I don't have Lazarus pit sickness. I never did."

Jason's eyes filled with anger. Danny's chest tightened at the sight. He didn't want to be seen like that. Not from Jason. "I'm half dead." Admitted Danny with confidence unlike himself.

"Half dead?" Asked dick while stepping closer to Danny. The ghost king quickly found himself shrinking in on himself and backing up. Dick quickly realized the effect he was having on the boy and stopped moving.

"I wasn't brought back from the Lazarus pit. I just never fully died. There- there was a lab accident. In my parents ghost portal. It wasn't working so I stepped into it to try and fix it but, I hit the on button. I mean who puts an on button inside a portal?" Laughed the boy even while tears streamed down his face. His arms hugged himself. "I got electrocuted by the machine, and since it had ectoplasm in the portal, it sort of fused into me."

Danny's eyes were on the ground. He didn't want to see the disappointed looks in everyone's eyes. "Tahlia called me king... not because ghosts think of me as king of the humans, but because I'm king of the ghost zone. I'm king phantom."