10

"Mer, your knee is still swollen, I really think we should go to the hospital"

"Derek, I'm fine!" She snapped

Derek knew she was in pain because she snapped.

"Meredith.. please. Can we please go?"

"Fine" She snapped again

"I'll tell dad we're going to the hospital"

Meredith rolled her eyes and quickly took another painkiller

"Mer, that's your 3th pill today.." Derek said disappointed "You can tell me you're in pain. You're safe with me"

"It's just a little swollen Derek, I will be fine in a few days"

"Dad? I'm bringing Mer to the hospital? She really needs to get checked up"

"Finally Derek.."

"I know dad, but she's stubborn.."

They saw Meredith coming down the stairs, unable to bend her knee what made her struggle and it only confirmed that they had a right feeling about Meredith being not fine.

"Mer.." Derek sighed before running upto her and scooping her up and helping her down the stairs.

"Derek! I can walk" She snapped

"Meredith.. Listen to Derek please, he just wants to take care of you" Christopher said giving her a smile

Meredith nodded, the two of them walked to their car and got in. Derek sat her in the front and went to the driver seat.

He started driving and grabbed her hand "Hey Mer.. I can't even try to understand what you've been through but we all love you, really love you! You're one of us now. You're Meredith Shepherd"

Meredith smiled widely until she realized she isn't a Shepherd.. "Still a Grey" She said sad

"Well.. I guess we can change that.." Derek said before stopping the car and walking over to her side, he opened the door and she got out, hobbling on one leg, not sure of what was happening. He went down on one knee

"Mer.. Meredith. I love you, and I'll always love you. This isn't the way I've planned it. I wanted to propose so we could get married and be happy, you can make a new start with a new name. I.. I just think this is the best time to do it. I-" He was now searching through all his pockets hoping this was the jacket with the ring in in "Oh, got it" He sighed in relief "Mer.. I love you, do you wanna marry me please?"

"Derek! Yes!" She flew around his neck and kissed him on his lips and they only let go when they felt like they urgently needed some more oxygen.

"Derek? Are.. are you sure? I.. I mean you don't have to-" Mer started once they were back in the car driving all the way to the hospital"

But Derek interrupted "Mer, this isn't only to give you a new start, this is because I love you, I want to grow old with you! I want to marry you. I want to have kids with you. I want to build us a house. I want to settle down and grow old with you. I want to die when I'm 110 years old in your arms. I don't want 48 uninterrupted hours. I want a lifetime, Meredith"

Meredith never felt this happy.. Meredith Shepherd, wife of Derek Shepherd. A few kids, maybe 2 or 3, a nice house and both of them working as surgeons in a hospital close to their own house.. She was already imagining how all of this could turn out.

Once they arrived at the hospital, Derek got out and walked over to her side to help her get out. She didn't want a wheelchair but accepted the help of Derek. He put his arm around her waist and took some of her weight on his. They walked into the ER and got Meredith checked in. Some older female doctor came over to them and started to examine Meredith. Derek could see she was in a large amount of pain as even tears started to show up in her eyes. The doctor asked a nurse to schedule Meredith for some scans. She had a feeling something was wrong with her ACL.

Trapped in fear as history repeatsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें