26

"I still think it's a waste that you didn't go for that beach wedding" Callie said helping Meredith with the putting on her dress

"Me and Derek would have loved to do it on the beach but we didn't want to make it even harder for Bella.." Meredith explained.

"You're right, Mer. Here's perfect" Arizona said "The view of you and Derek's cliff

"And Bel's" Meredith added with a smile

"You look beautiful!" Addison said as she fixed Meredith's hair who was perfectly curled

"We're gonna go sit down" Callie said as she gave Meredith a final hug before she and Arizona left the room.

Meredith smiled, she's been happy ever since she met Derek, even though they are already married this meant the world to them. The last time it was Carolyn, Christopher, Mark and Addison, no one else. And now they had invited every friend, every family member. All Derek's sisters came to Seattle with their families but also colleagues like Alex, Cristina, Bailey,.. everyone was here to join this special day.

Meredith insisted on basic clothes and they were lucky. The weather was beautiful so they arranged a tent on the cliff and the sun was shining, it's been a hot day. Meredith was wearing a mid length white dress and Derek a light colored suit. Bella's honey blonde hair was curly as always and she wore a beautiful pastel yellow dress.

"Mer, are you ready?" Christopher asked as he entered the room where Meredith was waiting with Bella and Addison

"I am" She smiled "Bella, are you ready, sweetie?"

"I am, mommy!"

Bella's speech improved so much. She's now 7. Derek and Meredith wanted to make sure that when they renewed their vows that Bella would be able to be their bridesmaid without feeling kept out.

"Here, Bel" Addison said as she handed Bella the flowers she insisted on to throw around

"I'm gonna go and sit down" Addison said and Meredith nodded before leaving the room

"Mer.. you have to know that me and mom are so proud of both of you. We're happy you joined our family all these years ago" Christopher said as he pulled Meredith into a hug which made Meredith tear up a little.

"Dadda! Mommy is cry-ing!" Bella said as she gently pulled a little on his pants

"Sorry, Bel" Christopher and Meredith laughed "Let's get started"

Christopher opened the door and Bella made her way out. She made her way towards the aisle. A little wobbly but she was going good so far. She happily threw the flowers around and giggled her way to her dad. "Hey Bel, do you wanna sit with aunt Addi?"

"Kay!" Bella said and ran off to Addison who placed Bella on her lap. The girl was still pretty small and looked about 5 years old. Bella was still giggling as Meredith appeared, led by Christopher. Everyone was looking at Meredith who looked so happy.

Meredith made her way to Derek and they started to renew their vows and ended with a passionate kiss

"Party!!" Bella yelled as the ceremony ended which made everyone laugh. "Bel, sweetie. First we want you to come with daddy and me to the living room"

Bella frowned but agreed and followed both her parents to the kitchen, her one hand in Derek's while the other was still in Meredith's.

"Bella, we have amazing news" Derek said

"What about?" Bella asked curious

"When we return from our trip we'll go get you a dog" Meredith said

"I get a dog?" Bella asked, smiling so widely that both her parents their eyes were shining even more

"Yes, Bel" Derek smiled while Meredith was giggling

"I'm gonna Tell uncle Mark and dada and nana!" Bella yelled as she already took off, running to the others

"I love you, Meredith Shepherd" Derek said

"I love you too, Derek Shepherd"

"Mom and dad take Bel home with them, right?" Derek asked Meredith with a smirk

"Yes, well I thought we could start packing" Meredith said with a wink

"Hmm.. I have some other things in mind" Derek said

"But that's for tonight, come on. Let's go before the others come search for us" Meredith said as she took Derek's hand in hers and they both made their way outside, joining the party.

They never would have thought that this would be their future, they were meant to be and they were happy and wouldn't have wanted to change a single thing because this made them the person they are now.

The McFamily // This shows how things can turn out. So keep positive even though life is a bitch, there will always be people who love you and appreciate you for who you are! <3

- The end -

AN // So this is the end of this story. I absolutely loved writing this story and when I first started it I had no clue about what kind of ending it would be. So thank you so so much for reading and I already started a new story "Isn't she lovely" and soon another story but I'm still writing the first chapter so follow me if you're interested and I have a reading list "collabs" so go check it out. There isn't much at this point but I love writing so soon even more stories. Please leave ideas for new stories or text me if you have some inspiration and stay safe y'all!