Chapter 25. Trust

Seeing Sandhya get back in her full health was heart-warming, and as I had wished, she was a lot comfortable around me. We could now easily converse without arguing, but I enjoyed annoying her, and I knew she also felt the same.

Instead of doubting about my future, I concentrated on the present; being myself and letting my monkey take her own time. Forcing my feelings on her and expecting her to accept them was foolish. I was sure by now she had caught up to what I felt for her, especially me roaming around her most of the time must have given it away.

Still, I didn't want her to rush anything or feel burdened by my presence. It was enough that she wasn't worried about my feelings for her, or how I stared at her like a love-sick puppy even when we were surrounded by our friends.

Talking about friends, I still hadn't forgotten about what Ayush had said on the day prior to our group presentation. It had been two weeks since that incident, but what he had said kept swirling like a small tornado in the back of my mind. By his voice, I couldn't make out how he felt about the situation.

As a best friend and knowing his past, I wanted to know his current opinion about Sandhya. He had showed countless times that he wasn't bothered by her, but I knew I had to talk to him about her. If in any way her presence troubled him or he felt insecure, I had to evaluate everything. I wouldn't leave him alone.

The thought of crushing my feelings for Sandy Pandy was a lot to handle, but I was fully aware that it was something I might have to face if my childhood best friend's well-being was compromised.

It sucks to be honest. I don't want to stop loving Sandhya. I know I won't, but the situation I have invited myself in demands a lot from me. There is no other way than to discuss it with Ayush. Somehow, I am a bit afraid about what he would say.

As I was busy brooding over it while trudging down the hallway, I felt a pat on my back. I turned around, coming face to face with the girl I thought about all day. Sandhya etched her eyebrows as she forwarded her palm towards me. A few Just Jelly bears, cars, and planes stared at me, making my mouth water.

"Why do you look so pale?" she asked.

I am an idiot for being happy on seeing her worried for me.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

I moved my hand to grab the Just Jelly from her hands, but she closed her palm. She told me to tell her what bothered me if I wanted the candies; she was taking advantage of my sweet tooth.

"Ved, you gonna tell me or not?" she insisted.

"I was just thinking about Ayush," I confessed.

"Oh," she said, pursing her lips as she tried not to comment anything.

Ayush's topic was still something she avoided, though I could see curiousity lining her face. As if saying his name had put a full stop to our conversation, Sandhya moved back and forth on her heels, eyeing other students with disinterest. After a few moments, she moved her feet, waving her hand at me. But before she got out of my sight, I caught her wrist and pulled her back.

I poked her forehead with my index finger. "Don't dampen your mood."

She caught my finger, moving my hand away from her face. As she brought my hand down, I saw her face reddening, and the blush creeping down to her neck. I couldn't help but move my eyes over her, my body reciprocating her reaction. She glanced at me with her beautiful brown orbs, her pupils dilating.

Damn. There's no way I can even fathom of not wanting to be with her.

As I was busy drowning in her captivating gaze, Sandhya broke the staring contest and opened my right palm with her fingers. She placed the Just Jelly candies in my hand and smiled.