Chapter 3. Random girl?

One week was over, and now it was time to begin the game. My mood lifted up as soon as I saw Sandhya entering the college gates, my mind working on different ways to test her patience.

Should I trip her or remind her of her embarrassing moments in school? How about I mention about her getting scolded by our Math teacher in fifth grade? Hmm... there were a lot of options. It was hard to choose one out-

"Excuse me?"

I turned my head to the side when I heard a soft voice. A girl, with light brown hair and good fashion sense, was looking at me.

"Yes?" I asked.

She averted her eyes quickly, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink as she twiddled her thumbs while mumbling to herself. I waited for her to say whatever she had, but she just looked up at me once and dashed away like Flash.

What the...?

"Wasn't that Tanya just now?" Nikhil asked as he stood beside me.

"She is hot," Shree commented, and Shreyas shook his head at him.

"I don't know her," I said.

"She is our classmate," Nikhil deadpanned. "And one of the popular ones too."

"Whatever."

I ignored the guys and cursed when I couldn't see Sandhya anywhere. Nikhil dragged me along with him to our lecture, and once we reached the classroom, he grinned when he noticed the earlier girl named Tanya sitting with her friends.

I shot a warning glare to Nikhil, but he gave me a mischievous smile and went to talk to the girls. Tanya smiled at him, and that idiot pointed in my direction. Tanya instantly looked away after glancing at me and her reaction was same like before.

I grabbed Nikhil's neck and took him in the back row. He nudged me and told me that he doubted that Tanya was interested in me.

"Shut up." I smacked him behind the head.

"Come on, bro. Just look at her," he said, "I am sure she is totally into you. Go and talk to her."

I rolled my eyes and took out my phone to play some games. After a few minutes, I felt a stare on me and snapped my eyes up. Tanya was stealing glances at me, while her friends poked her and pointed in my direction.

Did she really like me? Damn, I was really popular, wasn't I?

"Are you praising yourself in your mind?" Nikhil teased.

I raised my hand to hit him, but the lecturer arrived, saving my friend's life. Finally, after two more lectures, I was able to relax when I entered my Math class. I took my seat and waited for Sandhya to arrive.

When her best friend, Surbhi, went outside with a cellphone, I got up after grabbing the basketball from one of the guys. I told Nikhil to shoot and he did without any doubt about what I was going to do.

I took my aim and threw the ball in Sandhya's direction. It hit her on the head, and she cursed while glancing around.

"What the hell? Why did you hit her?" Nikhil asked with wide eyes.

"Practicing my aim," I said.

Everyone looked at me in shock, but I didn't give them any explanation. Sandhya looked over her shoulder and accused me of doing it on purpose. Some guys laughed when I told her that the ball slipped from my hand.

Her face contorted with anger as she curled her hands into fists, but she didn't fight back. She ignored me and turned her head back to the front.

Damn it. Did my plan fail? When did Sandy Pandy became so peaceful?