Chapter 13. Full of someone

For every piece of clothing I packed, there was one flying out of my bag. After putting my clothes inside my luggage only for them to be thrown out, I got frustrated and looked at Veer. He narrowed his eyes and threw the last shirt out of the bag and jumped inside it.

"Bro, what are you doing?" I groaned.

I grabbed his arms and tried to pull him out of the bag, but he wrapped his arms around my leg and stuck to me like a koala.

"I don't have much time, Veer. Will you please let me pack?"

He shook his head and crushed my leg. "You are a liar. You said you will take me with you to the trip, but you are going alone."

I sighed; he was right. Last night, he wasn't eating his dinner, so I told him about my college trip, and he got all excited. As we had cancelled our last family vacation due to Dad's absence, Mom and I had promised him another picnic. I didn't want to spoil his mood, so I said that I would take him with me if he ate his food; I didn't expect him to wake up before me.

"I am sorry, bro. I said that to make you eat dinner," I said. "I am sorry I lied to you."

I sat down on the bed and picked him up in my lap. His lips turned downwards and chin wobbled, signalling the incoming danger. Before he could cry, I opened my drawer and gave him a 5 Star I had saved for myself. He took the chocolate but still looked hurt.

"Daddy said he would come for dinner but he didn't... And now you are also going without me. Why do you all lie?" he asked and pouted.

"Dad was going to come, Veer. He was on his way but had to return to attend an important conference. He didn't lie to you; he just didn't get time," I reasoned. "But I won't give any excuse for what I did. I know I shouldn't have lied to you. I won't do it again, okay?"

He stared at me with his brown green eyes, his nose twitching as he tried to control himself from crying. I kissed his forehead and promised him that we would surely go to a family picnic after I got back from the trip, and Dad would take a leave too.

"Really?" he inquired with hope.

"Yes." I smiled.

He gave me a toothy grin and unwrapped the chocolate. I asked him if he was still angry, and he said that he wasn't. I ruffled his hair, and he helped me in packing after devouring the 5 Star. He had a sweet tooth just like I had.

Veer left the room after completing the work, while I went to the washroom to take a shower. I wasn't really looking forward to the trip as it was really short, and we were going to be working most of the time. Mayank bhaiyya really knew how to manipulate us; I knew he was going to make us do four times the work he had announced.

With the thoughts of enjoying the trip and a girl whose name started with 'S', I got ready and went downstairs with my luggage. As I was going to leave earlier than my usual schedule, breakfast was also prepared early. I thanked Mom, who was waiting for me at the table.

Veer had fallen asleep, so we had breakfast by ourselves, and Mom told me to take my new bike.

"Harley? No, Mom, I want to ride it with Dad in the pillion seat. It has been a long time since I spent some quality time with my old man; I will take him on a long ride," I said.

"Your old man will take another decade for that. It is your first college trip, Ved. Don't lose these opportunities," she argued.

I opened my mouth to reply back but closed it on seeing how adamant she was. I sighed and took the keys of the new bike before leaving. Unfortunately, I couldn't join my peers for the journey. I had an unplanned meeting to attend with my Coach and sports HOD for the upcoming National Trials.