6;six

Jordan.

After that day in the park, Christopher had texted me and we talked for a little while. I didn't know what or how to feel about the whole thing but I hoped I wasn't getting played. He was so sweet but I also knew he was most likely up to no good but I didn't want to assume that right away.

I hadn't told anyone about the encounter in the park or anything because I knew I'd get judgment right away and I didn't need that. I was dealing with a lot and Christopher took my mind off of it for a little while.

I hadn't been in a relationship since college so I was skeptical but I gave in a little bit. It had been about a week since we talked and he asked if he could come over but I wasn't sure. I said I'd get back to him on that because I did have genesis and Elijah to think about as well, not just me.

Another week passed and I was still stuck on letting him come here but eventually I said he could. I was nervous about the whole thing but I knew I'd be okay at least for the time he'd be at the house. I had been impulse cleaning all day and knowing Elijah, he wouldn't stay down for long so I strapped him to my chest while I did that and genesis was good with her toys.

When I heard the doorbell I kind of froze because I knew it was him but I looked out the window just in case. "Papa! Door!" Genesis yelled and I rolled my eyes a little bit. I walked out of the kitchen to the front door and I looked through the peephole to see him smiling a little.

He must've heard genesis.

I sighed and took a deep breath before I opened the door and smiled at him. "Hi." I mumble moving out of the way so he could come in. "Hey." He mumbled and that was when genesis ran to the hallway. "Mr. Chris!" She yelled all excited. Sometimes I hated how social she was but there were days it was cute, but that wasn't today.

"G, why don't you go show Mr. Chris your toys, yeah?" I told her and she nodded excitedly and grabbed his large hand walking him into the living room. "I'll be there in a minute, I gotta change him." I said to him and he nodded before he disappeared into the living room. I walked down the hall to my room and quickly changed Elijah and I just left him in his diaper before I came back.

Genesis was talking his ear off about her toys and what they were and what not but he seemed so invested. It was surprising honestly at how calm he was around her and how he actually paid attention to her. I've tried dating when genesis was only about one or two but they always bad mouthed her or something and I didn't like that at all so after the last guy, I stopped dating.

I sat down beside him on the couch and I smiled at genesis talking to him. "I swear if you need to, just tap my leg to get out of the conversation." I told him and he laughed a little nodding. "Nah, she good, I'm interested in what she gotta say." He said and i shrugged laughing a little. "Suit yourself but you might be here all day if you don't stop her now, then again, she might get hungry soon so we'll see which one comes first."

He nodded and smiled a little when she handed him a doll. I was admiring him the whole time while they talked. I never experienced this so it was definitely different but I was enjoying it. I guess I was watching them for too long because I heard Elijah whining and I looked at him. He wasn't crying so either he needed a new diaper or he was hungry. I checked him and he was clean so I went ahead and got ready to feed him.

I got him latched and everything and he seemed content and everything so he was good. I looked back up to see Christopher staring at me and I jumped a little before I grabbed a blanket to cover Elijah up. "I'm so sorry, i meant to ask if you were comfortable with breastfeeding or not." I said shaking my head.

"You good, he gotta eat someway." He said and I laughed a little. "True but I still should've asked, I'm so used to just feeding him when he's hungry that I forgot you were here for a second." I said and he nodded. "Like I said, you're good, don't worry about it." I nodded and sighed a little.

I didn't want him to be annoyed with me or anything and I had a bad habit of thinking that I was annoying anybody I talked to, it was a paranoia thing and I definitely hated it. To get my mind off of it though, I decided I'd make small talk. "So like, what do you do for a living?" I asked him and he sighed, leaning back into the couch.

"Imma be honest, I did some time in prison but that was like three years ago, I'm good now. When I got out though I got a job working at a barber shop but you know on the side I'm an assistant coach for the football team at the high school. It's not much but it helps me." He said and I was still stuck on the part where he said he did time.

I snapped out of it though and nodded. "No, you're good. You're doing something for yourself, not many people can say that, especially for someone who's been to prison so be proud of yourself." I said to him and he smiled at me. "Enough about me, what do you do for work?" He asked me and I sighed, shifting Elijah so I could burp him.

"Well, I'm an obstetrician. I work at the woman's health facility a few minutes from here. I like it some days, but other days I definitely wished I stayed home. I'm still on maternity leave right now so." I said nodding. "That's how I got genesis believe it or not." I told him and he perked up a little.

"Yeah, how?" He asked and I laughed a little. "Well, three years ago she was left at the receptionist counter when she was only about three weeks old maybe so I took her home with me that night because we weren't sure what to do with her and I volunteered to take her and the rest was history after that. I adopted her about a year later, at least it was official after about a year so yeah." I told him smiling a little.

He didn't say anything once I finished so I looked at him and he seemed deep in thought. "You okay?" I asked and he kind of jerked a little before running his hands up and down his face. "Yeah I'm good." He mumbled and I nodded before watching him get up. "Um, I gotta go though, I forgot I had something to do, I'll text you later sometime tonight." He said and I was definitely confused.

"I, uh, okay, text me when you can, don't rush." I said before he was out the door. I was so confused, did I say something wrong? I thought back to what I said and I don't recall saying anything wrong so I was really lost. I tried not to worry about it but it was just really weird how his behavior changed so quick.

Christopher.

After Jordan told me how he got genesis, a million gears started turning in my head. I was shocked, upset, angry, and confused. Too much to handle at once, so I had to get out of there and let off some steam. I still smoked a little bit but not as much since i had been locked up, so I decided against that and went to the gym for a few hours instead.

All I could think about was how my baby mother lied to me about what she did when she had my daughter, and then finding my child through a private investigator and then finding out what really happened. It was too fucking much to deal with. She knew I wanted my daughter but I knew she didn't want her so with me getting locked up, it gave her ample opportunity to do what she wanted and I've hated her since.

It was nearing midnight when I finally felt I calmed down so I grabbed my phone and texted Jordan, apologizing for walking out earlier and seeing if I could come back over tomorrow. He was quick to read the message and reply back to me.

Jordan: you're absolutely fine, and of course you can come back tomorrow❤️.

I smiled a little reading the message and I shook my head, hearting the message before I put my phone in my pocket and got in my car, heading home.

........

Update woot woot. I'm tryna play this out but feel free to help me because i don't want their relationship to be rushed into, I want it to build up, ya feel me?

Anyway, yeah there y'all go, when I officially get out of school I'll update with a better chapter❤️! Love y'all!!