1;one

^^two year old genesis

Two years later.

Jordan.

"Genesis, baby come here please." I said as I rubbed my 6 month baby bump. I heard a thud, and pitter patter of feet, until genesis came into view. "Yes, papa?" She said as she hopped on the bed next to me. I smiled at her and spoke. "Come on so I can do you hair baby." I said as I went to grab her hair stuff.

Genesis Ayanna Ryan. I gave her that middle name. She was given to me after months of fighting for custody. After that day in the hospital, nobody came to claim her, so I offered to adopt her. Everyone thought I was crazy, but I didn't care.

She's been with me for 2 years, and those two years were a blessing in disguise. She's absolutely everything that I could ask for, and now she will be getting a little brother added to the mix.

"Papa!" Genesis whined in pain as I was putting her hair in two puffs. "I'm sorry sweetpea." I said apologetically. "What we do today papa?" Genesis asked as I was working on her second puff. "I have to go to work baby, so you gotta go to daycare today." I said.

After a few minutes, when I was done with her hair, I heard a few sniffles come from genesis. I frowned and turned her around to see that she was in fact crying. "Why you crying dooda bug?" I said as I picked her up and layed her head on my shoulder. "I no want you to go." She said as she cried softly on my shoulder, signaling that I'll have to change my scrub top later.

"Baby, your just going across the street, and when I'm off of work, I'll come pick you up, okay? No more tears sweetheart." I felt her nod into my shoulder, signaling that she was okay. She lifted her head and looked at me with a questioning look. "What G?" I asked as I looked into her eyes. "What about Ej?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side, and layed her small hand on my stomach . I smiled at her, then spoke.

"Baby Ej is just fine in my tummy, okay? You don't have to worry about him baby."

.........

"I'll see you later, baby. Have fun." I said as was walking out of the daycare that genesis goes to. I made it to work in five minutes, and walked back to my office to get started with my day. Once I got to my office, I sat my stuff down, and looked at my schedule to see who I had today.

As I was standing there, looking over my schedule, there was a knock on my door. "Come in." I said as sat down at my computer, and started typing things up. "Jordan, your 8:00 is here." One of my colleagues said to me. I stood up from my chair and grabbed my glove and told her to send them in.

"Hello!" I heard two male voices and a female voice say to me as my back was to them. I turned around to see a gay couple and a young girl, who looked around 20. "Hi, I'm Dr. Ryan, I'll be assisting you today. Do we know how far along we are?" I said as I sat in my chair across from the trio.

"Well, Abby here is our surrogate, and she just got inseminated a few weeks ago, so we're just here to find out if she's pregnant or not, so to answer your question, no." I nodded as I grabbed a note pad and pen, and started asking them a few questions. "What is your last name?" I asked.

"Our last name is Green, and Abby's last name is Washington." I nodded and asked a few more questions before I started the exam. "Okay, lay back for me please." I said as I moved over to the ultrasound machine. "Lift your shirt for me please." I said as I grabbed the gel to put it on her stomach.

"This will be very cold." I said as I placed the gel on her stomach. I heard a quiet hiss from in front of me, signaling that it was indeed cold. I grabbed the wand, and started the ultrasound, moving it around until I found the fetus.