04 | cooking

↳ what Evelyn looks like
______

"No you can't my lady" the servant yelled at the stubborn young madam who wasn't willing to listen.

"If sirs learn of this they won't be happy" the maid again tried reasoning but Evelyn didn't listen one bit. Why would she? It wasn't like she was doing anything wrong. She was only trying to be a good wife. Why was everyone overreacting?!

Evelyn had been talking to a friend she met in one of her dance classes. Her friend, Sarah had recently gotten married and she wouldn't stop talking about her marriage life/ how she keeps her husband happy.

As Sarah kept talking about her marriage life, Evelyn started feeling like a bad wife. She didn't know how to cook or clean and she wasn't really good at seducing either, she gets too shy too easily for that to be possible.

She should do something for her husbands, Evelyn thought. Evelyn started feeling insecure about herself as a wife. She felt as if her husband did everything for her and she didn't give anything in return.

She then decided that she was going to start being a 'good wife'. She would cook for them and clean for them. She was a self made painter and there weren't any exhibition dates near so she had a lot of time to spare anyway.

"I can do this" she said to herself smiling

"Madam...madam please stop this. Masters will be mad" the maid said, pulling Evelyn out of her trance.

She knew her husbands didn't like her in the kitchen, but that was only because she got hurt and she'll make sure not to get hurt this time.

"Don't worry I won't get hurt this time" Evelyn reassured the maid, well she tried. The maid didn't look assured in the slightest.

"Have some faith in me" Evelyn whined, pouting at the maid who stood there staring at Evelyn with her pleading eyes, which almost made Evelyn feel bad for giving the maids such a hard time. Nevertheless, she was determined to cook today.

"Jasmine who is in charge here" Evelyn asked sternly, trying to sound scary.

"You Ms. Evelyn" the maid named Jasmine replied with her head down.

"So there you have it I'm cooking and there's no one here that can stop me" Evelyn huffed proud of herself for not giving into the maids pleading eyes.

"No one huh" Evelyn heard a voice which she recognized right away

"MAMA!" the little angel exclaimed, running to her mama in excitement

"Hi baby" her mama,Mary said hugging Evelyn back

"What are you doing here mama" Evelyn asked curiously

"why? aren't you happy to see me?" Mary asked feigning sadness

"No no mama i'm very happy i just didn't expect you to be here please don't be upset" Evelyn started rambling, not wanting to make her mama upset

"It's ok baby I'm not upset. And about the sudden visit, since I couldn't come last time, I decided to come today" She explained

"Oh well I'm glad you're here" Evelyn said hugging her mama tighter, smiling brightly

"Me too now do you mind telling me what you were doing" Mary questioned her daughter with sternness in her voice

"I-I u-umm ikindofsortofwantedtocookforAlexandLucas" Evelyn said so quick even she won't have understood what she said.

"Evelyn slower honey" Mary said patiently after a heavy sigh

"I umm i kind of wanted to cook for Alex and Lucas" Evelyn said looking down, afraid her mama would be mad at her