93

The next morning, I laid there in bed for a moment thinking of the evening I had spent with Jimin. He had been sweet and caring the entire night and I couldn't believe it was happening. Why did this sweet handsome man decide he wanted to be with me? Who did I save in a previous life because I knew I must have done something spectacular to deserve him?

My contact from the Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education, Choi Lina, had emailed me the night before requesting to meet with me today. The primary school I would be teaching in was starting March 15 and she wanted to help me get acclimated before beginning.

Although I would have loved to lay there and daydream about Jimin all day, I knew I had things to do. I finally pulled myself out of bed and headed to the shower, quickly washing my hair and body before turning off the water and stepping out. I wrapped myself in a towel then walked up the stairs to my loft bedroom. I had set my clothes out the night before, wanting to make a good impression: a pair of tailored grey dress pants, a white buttoned down shirt and a purple cardigan. I pulled my hair into a low bun, pinning the sides out of my face. I picked up my dress shoes and carried them down the stairs, setting them by the front door.

After applying makeup, I picked up my purse and my required documents I would need to meet with Choi Lina. I slipped my shoes on and exited the apartment, zipping up my short black coat and locking the door behind me. The building I would be meeting Choi Lina in was a short 10-minute walk from my apartment building.

The Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education was a highly modern looking building with staggered floors, clean lines and lots of glass. Just approaching the building had me a little intimidated, but excited at the same time.

I pulled open the glass door and walked into the large lobby. There was a young pretty woman seated at the large desk and she greeted me with a smile as I approached. I introduced myself as best as I could, apologizing for my terrible Korean.

The woman gave me an understanding smile. "Good morning to you," she replied in perfect English and I felt a little embarrassed at how I butchered the language. She grinned at my flushed cheeks. "It is okay. Thank you for making the effort to learn the language. It will get easier as the year goes on."

The kind woman gave me directions to an office on another floor and I thanked her with a smile. As I made my way through the building, I was amazed at the striking but simplistic of the corridors. They were filled with light, the huge windows looking over the beautiful surroundings.

I knocked on the door of an office and was told to come in. The woman behind the desk stood as I entered. "Good morning," she greeted me in English. "You must be Y/N."

I nodded my head. "Yes. It is nice to meet you."

"My name is Choi Lina. You may call me Lina. We're going to become very familiar with each other over the next year." Lina gestured to a chair and invited me to sit down.

Her words were very comforting since I had worried about how to greet her and the appropriate honorifics to use. I had done a little research before I had left, but I was still confused. My cheeks flushing red, I admitted this to Lina.

Lina gave me a grin then sat in the chair next to me, after grabbing some papers from my desk. "I understand. In a professional setting like this, I would normally be called Lina-ssi, but since we are going to be working closely together, I want you to be comfortable with me."

I nodded at her explanation, feeling a little more comfortable at her words. Lina told me a little bit more about the school I would be teaching in. It was a primary school in Seoul, the students aged 8-9. "What will the students call me?"