Chapter 16 - Trials and War

The mansion, common room early morning

King and Diane are the last ones to arrive and can be heard panting, "Sorry we're late everyone. Did you all start without us?" Diane asked feeling embarrassed as all the tenants stare at them.

"No we were waiting just for two." Naruto said as they both took a seat, "Anyways, you're all wondering why I brought you here." they all nodded, "First of all, I'm going to have to introduce you all to Calcifer first."

"Wait Calcifer is a living person?" Veronica asked.

"I did say he was sentient, Calcifer please introduce yourself." Naruto commanded as Calcifer arrived wearing a homemade mask then drawing a smile on his face creeping some of them out.

Calcifer bowed in respect, "Um little brother, how long have you been hiding Calcifer?" Gowther asked.

"He was building his own body once he finished building the interior of the mansion." Naruto answered as Calcifer started waving around.

"Naruto can he talk by any chance, his silence is scaring me a bit." Elaine said feeling wary of the servant.

"Sorry mom, he can make some sounds and I can personally understand him, but he can't speak." Naruto explained getting a nod as Calcifer replaced his drawn smile with a frown.

"We're getting off topic, didn't you have something important to talk about?" Gilthunder asked.

"Yeah, Calcifer if you will." Calcifer nodded revealing several charts, "I sent a copy along with a detailed letter to the old man so I wouldn't have to repeat myself along with the fact that he needed to know about village security first." they all nodded in understanding.

"So what's so important that the hokage and the village's security have to know?" Jericho asked.

"To start, ever since we caught Orochimaru, the village he made hasn't exactly fallen apart and another village assumed just because Suna failed didn't mean they would fail as well. So to summarize, Oto and Kumo are planning to attack the village within the next day or two." this got a lot of gasps and signs of panic, "Basically Oto is hoping to land another hit on the village while trying to save the snake bastard, while Kumo being the dunderheads they are, want to the village while we just rebuilt from the last invasion."

"Barely a day left and you tell us this now!?" Slater yelled out.

"Calcifer just notified me at midnight while all of you were asleep, so I prepared a note for the old man so he would start preparing so I would wait until morning to tell you all." Naruto explained making a decent point.

"Wait, Merlin is your roommate. Shouldn't she have noticed Calcifer?" King asked.

"She was asleep while I spoke to him so assumed she felt exhausted when she slept with me." Naruto answered bluntly making Merlin blush and Ban laugh at how he said it.

Many of the other women blushed while Howzer patted Naruto on the back, "Congratulations fish cake, you've become a man." he said.

"A man? But I've been sleeping with Merlin every night we've slept in our room." Naruto answered bluntly as Merlin started glaring at Naruto.

"So that explains why all of our rooms have a noise cancellation seal." Gowther reminisced.

Elaine soon fell onto Ban's arms, "I just became a mother, I'm not ready to be a grandmother." and with that she fainted.

"Naruto Liones, how could you do something so inappropriate?" Margaret asked glaring at her nephew.

"How do I know you and uncle Gil don't share a bed?" Naruto asked oblivious to what he said was taken out of context.