Chapter 1 - Two sides of the truth

The boar Hat

Everyone but Celine is singing a strange song Naruto made up from reading a book after a he found a guitar in the back.

"Almost heaven, West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River, Life is old there, older than the trees, Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze" Naruto started as he played his guitar.

"Country roads, take me home, To the place I belong, West Virginia, mountain mama, take me home, country roads" Hawk joined in.

"All my memories gather round her, Miner's lady, stranger to blue water, Dark and dusty, painted on the sky, Misty taste of moonshine, teardrop in my eye" Gowther added in feeling the rhythm.

"Country roads take me home, To the place I belong, West Virginia, mountain mama, take me home, country roads" Ban joined in jumping out of the kitchen.

"I hear her voice, in the morning hour she calls me, the radio reminds me of my home far away, And driving down the road I get a feeling, That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday" said everyone getting the hang of the song.

"Country roads take me home, To the place I belong, West Virginia, mountain mama, take me home, country roads" everyone sang several times before ending it with Celine clapping towards the song.

"What is West Virginia?" asked Gowther with Naruto looking at him intently.

"I have no idea." He answered getting a face fault from Celine, Hawk and Ban.

"How the hell do you not know you made up the song!" Ban shouted.

"It was inspired from a book a read once." Naruto said getting a huff out of his uncle. "I love you too dad." He said not getting a response. "Hopefully those two get over mourning their sister and are willing to get to know their nephew."

"Wait if Ban is your uncle and Elizabeth's sisters are, your aunts, then who are your parents?" Hawk asked getting a glare, "Oh yeah I forgot about the memories, so what about new godparents?"

"Ban said King and Diane were the best choices since Merlin isn't very affectionate and Escanor is a wild card depending on the time of day." He said learning from what Ban said in his stories about the Seven Deadly Sins.

"And Gowther?" Hawks asked.

"Yes, what about me?" asked Gowther feeling intrigued about the concept of family since he mostly saw working with the other sins as an unpaid job.

"I don't know, what do you want to be?" Naruto asked with Ban hearing the conversation as he didn't like whatever was going through Gowther's head at the moment.

"I will be your attorney!" he said getting a look of annoyance, "No, I will be your elder brother! Catch!" he said throwing a ball at Naruto's head knocking him over.

"Master Naruto!" Celine shouted as she tended to his wound."

"You suck at this little brother." Gowther said getting a glare from Hawk and Celine.

A moment later, Naruto shot up with a look of concern on his face, "I found them, they're at the dungeon levels of the old castle!" he shouted as he grabbed Hawk who briefly panicked while the remaining sins followed him. Celine also decided to pursue as well since her job wasn't finished.

A good fifteen minutes later, the group found themselves in the old castle that was still holding together. "Hey, it's my old apartment!" Naruto said out loud as they entered the dungeons.

"This is not the time to be roasting that crappy place, besides we better dig up some treasure because there is no way everyone is fitting in your apartment or the boar hat." Ban explained thinking the place might get cramped since they'll be fitting around 11 people before the reach Merlin and Escanor.