1. First day back

I love my job, but after a month off from having to be on a set, it really is a drag. I looked at myself in the mirror and instantly found the bags under my eyes. Nothing concealer couldn't fix. I reached for the faucet and turned it, scooping water up and splashing it on my face. I pumped my face wash and quickly rubbed it in circular motions, half ass actually washing it. Luz was going to upset that my skin care regimen had taken a dive this last month.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was already past 5 am. Shit. I squeezed the moisturizer out and lathered it onto my face quickly then found a hair tie, throwing my hair up. I had no intentions of making myself look decent, they already do that for me at work anyways. Instead, I grabbed sunglasses, my bag, keys, and phone and was out the door in a t-shirt and sweats.

I pushed my sunglasses up onto my head, seeing that the sun has yet to make an appearance, and pull out of the drive way.

"Hey Steve," I say, looking down that the cars clock, 6:15 am. Shit again. "Late again Andy?" He said chuckling. I lower my sunglasses as he raises the bar to the lot. "As usual. Have a good one," I say, driving through and heading to the back lot. I quickly pull into my spot and grab my stuff.

Before I even finished opening the door to the trailer, someone was standing there ready to scold me. "5:30 is your makeup time Andy, you know that." Luz was standing there with her arms crossed, ready for me to sit in my chair. "I overslept," I say. She tilted her head and examined my face. I plopped in the seat, ready for her to start. "I can tell. Eyes don't lie, especially those dark circles," she chuckles. I lightly smack her arm. "Hey! It's been a long... hmm," I pause. "Life?" She finishes for me. I nod and laugh.

After 45 minutes, Luz gestures that I was done and ready to head to set. "Cassie is going to be pissed that I'm late," I say, shimming the outfit over my head without ruining anything. "Tell her I did a face mask and blew out your hair," Luz tells me, tugging at the hem of the dress to straighten it out. "I owe you one," I say on my way out. She waves and turns away to begin clean up.

My heels click against the floor as I head into the building. I'm greeted with a man made street, surrounded by fake city lights and smaller scaled buildings. It was pretty. New York. I stood in admiration until Cassie stomped in with her arms crossed too. "Before you say anything, Luz said I was in desperate need of a blowout and a face mask. She said the dark circles were showing through the concealer," I say with my arms shrugged up. She rolled her eyes and just gave me an mhm.

"I should change your call time to something earlier, you know, so you get here on time. You were gone and didn't even get to meet your costar at the table read. Warner was really bothered by that. I sent him a basket of fruit on your behalf," she explained, tugging my arm to the center of the set. The camera and light crews were already set up, ready to start.

"Pedro! Come meet Andy," Cassie yells. I see a man standing in front of a mirror, quickly spin on his heels and jogs to us. He was dressed for set to, ready to go. "Andy, I've heard so much about you. I've been looking coward to working with you, we missed you at the table read. Pedro," he says with his hand held out. I take it into mine and shake it, attempting to match his smile and energy. He's hotter in person. "What was that?" He said to me, my hand still in his. Oh my god did I just say that? "Andy. And it's nice to meet you too. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the table read. I had some personal time off," I say, my cheeks feeling red.

"No worries, I think we will be great!" He had the biggest smile on his face, it was uplifting. He placed his hand on the small of my back and guided me to our cues. "So I memorized my lines on plane and car rides so forgive me if I butcher it," I say apologetically. He let's out a small laugh and shakes his head. "No worries. Me too. I just came from wrapping my other show so cars and planes were my line partners for the last week."