4. Tabloids

Okay, I'll admit, when I was little, I hoped to be on the cover of a magazine.
Dated normal? Still got dumped! Shit tabloids. This wasn't what I had in mind. I snatched the magazine from my desk in my trailer and quickly stormed out to look for Cassie. I rushed through the lot, still with curlers in my hair. I looked like a lunatic. I rushed through the building and repeatedly pressed the buttons on the elevator, expecting to to open faster.

I tapped my foot on the floor with my arms crossed, waiting to arrive on the right floor. I turned the corner past the elevator and found Cassie's door closed. I didn't even knock before I bust in. "Cassie! Is this a joke? How doesn't anyone even know about this? The only people that knew were you, my family, and... oh hey good morning," I awkwardly say, becoming aware of Pedro's presence. He was sitting with his legs crossed and a coffee in hand.

"Good morning Andy." Pedro says, following with a sip. I redirected my attention to Cassie. "Like I said, what the shit." Cassie grabs the magazine from my hands and stares at it. "They could have at least used a picture of you after hair and makeup. Dark circles are not a look." I turn and throw my hands up on my head. "Cassie this isn't funny. Who leaked it?"

Pedro grabs the magazine from Cassie. "Well I think you look great! The sweats and t-shirt are defiantly one of your signature statements," he says to me, laying the magazine back down. "Jeff knew about it when we delayed filming. He wanted a reason. I'll get to the bottom of this," before Cassie even finished, I grabbed the magazine again and stormed out and aimed for Jeff's office. I slammed through the door and saw him sitting there with a coffee in hand as well.

I tossed the magazine onto his drakes and stayed quiet. He picked it up and threw it back down. "Already know about it," he says. I step back and cross my arms. "Oh so you just don't care." I snap. He shook his head and pulled the glasses off of his face.

"I care. I was the one that reported it." My rage grew from my chest and just expanded into my entire body, down to my fingertips. "I have never been on a cover of a tabloid magazine Jeff. I've only ever done two shoots. This is just giving them the power to keep going! And on top of that, Sam didn't dump me! Why would you even consider this a good idea?"

Jeff sighs and pinched the bridge of his nose. "We needed the publicity Andy, please just let it blow over." I scoff and blink dramatically. "So you think I should just let this blow over? You don't even know the full story and you thought this would be okay? You opened up opportunities for people who know to comment on this."

I turn in my heel and head back out of the door. "Andy! Don't you dare start your fit! We shoot soon!" Jeff yelled. I did not care. Although I was not planning on leaving the set. I had actually looked forward to shooting today. I needed something to push though with and work was the only thing I had. I walked though the lot, wishing I would get there a lot faster. It was chilly and I had no jacket on. "Shit," I murmured, holding my arms crossed.

"Andy! Wait up!" A voice from behind crept up. "Pedro, Good morning," I say, feeling my instant blush. "I am sorry to hear about your cover story. But hey! A cover is a cover, congratulations." He said with a huge smile on his face. It was an attempt to make me feel better. "Thanks. I do hope dear old mom is proud," I say.

I am still gripping my arms. "Oh shit. Here Andy, your cheeks are red," He says pulling off his jacket. Yeah, they're not red from the cold. "Thanks. You didn't have to do that," I say, knowing well that I was freezing. "No worries. I meant to ask if you wanted to hang after work? Drinks?" He asked proudly. I felt the butterflies return and waited a second, hoping not to sound too desperate or lonely. "Um, yeah sure. I don't have anything going on anyways," I say. Lonely without plans it is. "Great, we can go to this speak easy I like."

***

"Gracie. I think you need to change out." I spin to face him. "William, you only call me Gracie when you are being serious." He places his hand on my lower back. "Grace, I'm being dead serious. No one else should get the pleasure. This dress is... is," there was a long pause then Pedro started laughing.

"Cut!" The directors yelled. "Sorry everyone, I had a moment," Pedro said. Not that I didn't want to laugh but if I choose to, I wouldn't be able to get back into character the way I wanted. He looked at me and straightened his face like if I had scared him.

"Let's take it from the dress. 3...2...1... go," they cued. "This dress is amazing. Actually, the dress is adequate but you bring something much more to it Grace. I just don't need anyone else staring." His hands trailed down the sides of the dress. I pushed myself up to him, my hands on his chest. I raised myself up to his ear and whispered, "You can see me out of the dress tonight Will. Best behavior. Let's go."

***

Hours of reshooting later, I was told that we were done for the day. Thank god. I pulled off the long trench coat I was in and handed it to the wardrobe manager. I started walking out the door but paused to yank the heels off. "That bad?" Pedro said to me as he creeped up to my side unexpectedly.

"You try standing in these for an hour. I tapped out after two and went to cry in between takes in the bathroom." I told him. He chuckled followed with a smile. His smile was perfect, absolutely stunning. I need to ask him what teeth whitener he uses. "Oh I believe you. So, anyways, I'll meet you at your trailer in twenty-ish minutes?" I nod. "See you in twenty."

"Luz. Help. I need to look like a girl who doesn't try too hard," I say panicked, quickly taking off my clothes. "I thought you were done for today," Luz says, checking the call list. I shake my head and grab her shoulders. "It isn't work. I'm having drinks." Luz has a huge smile on her face. "Before you say anything, it's only with Pedro."

"Girl, do not say "only with Pedro" or else you wouldn't be asking me to help you." Luz is standing in front of me with her arms crossed. "It isn't a big deal," I lie. "Fine. Then you should be fine on your own then." I grab her wrist. "No stop. Fine. I need your help. But hurry, I have twenty minutes." I tell her, picking my hair up into a pointy tail. "Natural or glam?" Luz asks. "Natural but like, don't make me look like I just woke up." She nods and starts.

After nodding off in my chair for what felt like an hour, the twenty minutes were up as they were interrupted with a knock at the door. "Here. Put this on, I'll let him in." Luz hands me some of my jeans and a black body suit. Booby. Very booby. "Luz! He's having drinks with me, not my boobs." She shushes me and spins me to the bathroom.

I unhook my bra and toss it to the side. I pull up the body suit and slip the jeans over quickly. I hope I don't have to pee. I walk back out and walk to the rack of shoes and pull the black heels off quickly, slipping them on.

"Hey! Heels again after a day of heels?" Pedro says. I laugh and pull a jacket on. "Hush. Let's go," I say, grabbing my purse and hauling him out the door. "Thanks Luz," I say. "Have fun, but not too much fun," I hear her say. Don't be nervous. You've dated plenty before. Don't me nervous. Wait, this isn't a date Andy. What if you're reading too much into this? Who said anything about a date? Oh god Andy.