2. Chemistry

"So there are some things I would like to go over," Jeff starts. "Well good morning to you too," I whisper. "Andy, don't start." He warns. I just tilt my head down. Jeff was wearing a suit that made him look more uptight than he already comes off as. It was annoying.

"So I know it's your first time working together but you two will need to work on the chemistry and really sell it." He's not even making eye contact with anyone. "Actually Jeff, they just shot some really good stuff just this morning. It was a one take," Cassie spoke up. Jeff didn't look amused though. "I will review it and see if it's going to stay a one take."

"Can I just say, if you usually have ideas already in mind of what you are looking for, why not include those in the script notes? I have gone over tones and expressions that were already included in the script notes that were already in my possession." Jeff holds his stare in irritation. Pedro was just looking down, smiling.

"Andy. I want what I want and if you don't want to do it, I can just have you..." Jeff is cut off my Cassie. "Jeff. Do not tempt her. You and I both know she's who they wanted. You lose her, you lose this movie." Cassie lower herself into her seat again.

"Look Andy, just work with me. Please. I know you're going through whatever it is you want though but it's time to work," Jeff says. Shoot me now. Six months of Jeff.

"So what do you want for us to look over?" Pedro spoke up. Jeff walks over in between us both, throwing his hands on our shoulders. "I want a slow burn, toxic, but also yearning feel." I shrug his hand off of me and grab my water. "Is that all? I have some "feelings" to practice apparently," I say.

"Get to work you two," Jeff says, snapping his fingers. I walk out of the office and right back outside. I hear Cassie and Pedro talking as they walk out a few few feet behind me. "Hey, I need a minute alone Cassie." I start walking faster to my trailer before she tries to stop me. "Andy, we have a fitting! Please stop!" I hear her voice growing further away until I quickly climb up the steps of the trailer and shut the door behind me.

I plopped down on the couch and pull my phone from my pocket. 5 missed calls from Sam. 2 texts from Mom. I throw the phone across the couch and cross my arms. I just needed to sit here in silence for a minute.

What if I came back to work too soon? Should I have passed on this movie? What if I mess it up? Should I call Sam? What if I messed up by walking out?

My breathing gets heavier and I feel a lot of panic rising. You were just fine, stop it. I rub my hands against my knees and try to chill out. I can't though. Instead I feel like the air in the room is getting thin. What if I did mess up? What if Sam was as good as it was going to get? What if I deserved it? Maybe he didn't mean to. I'm holding my chest, knowing I need to relax.

I was startled by a knock on the door. "Andy? You still in there?" It was Pedro. I wanted to say yes but I could only manage some shaky words out. "Andy? Is everything alright?" I sit still on the couch, my jaw clenched tight, holding back the panicked tears. I thought the panic attacks stopped. "I'm coming in," the door swings open as he says that, revealing my anxious state balled up on the couch.

"Hey, are you alright?" He sits next to me, placing a hand on my back. I slow my breathing and nod. "I think I was a little anxious, I don't know where it came from," I whisper, wiping the escaped tears. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks. He doesn't need to hear about your problems Andy.

"I don't want to offload on you. It's nothing," I say. He doesn't accept though. "Look, you obviously are not feeling too well. Is there something I can get you?" He's sweet. I wait a few seconds before just letting it out.

"I think I came back to work too soon." He blinks a few times, thinking about what I said. "Why do you say that?" He asks. I shrug and sigh. "My boyfriend slept with my sister. He also was very upset with me that I declined his proposal in front of my parents at dinner. And to top it all off, I haven't even had my coffee today." It was like word vomit. I may have overdid it on details but it was a relief to finally tell someone.

He offers a comforting grip on my shoulder. "Hey. We all feel like that sometimes. Coming back to work after a rough patch happened. And did you say he slept with your sister?" He backtracked and I almost chucked. "Dear old sister. I've always had to share everything. Guess she assumed this was apart of the arrangement," I say, laughing a little. I softly place my cheek onto my palm. "Oh god. This is where I'm at right now? And you shouldn't even have to listen to me whine and freak out."
Pedro unscrews the cap to his water bottle, taking a sip. His jawline is amazing.

"I don't mind listening. Not having someone to talk to when you really need to let some of it out is tough. Think of it as our bonding exercise. Jeff wants chemistry, how are we supposed to do that without getting to know about each other." I laugh and look at him. "Yeah, usually, I find out favorite colors, songs, and places to travel. I don't think finding out my ex boyfriend slept with my sister is the proper way to start off a bonding exercise." He chuckles again and smiles big. "Well why don't we start with coffee? Surely, we won't be missed right now," Pedro says, standing up and offering me a hand. "We won't be missed? We are the leads of the movie on the first day of shooting," I say. I still take his hand and stand up with him.

"Bonding exercise," he finishes, taking my hand and pulling me out of the trailer door. Adding this to list of things Cassie will be upset about.