02 British Accents

“You’ll have to ignore the mess I’m afraid” Johnny quickly began picking up some shoes that were thrown in the middle of the hall way, at the bottom of the stairs.

“It can’t be as bad as our place I’m sure” Roxy laughed as we made our way into the lounge living room area.

It was a large room, dark red walls, a large flat screen TV on the wall, 2 large black leather couches, games consoles and a large black coffee table in the centre.

“Question Johnny, Mom said you lived with friends how many exactly?”

“Well there’s 5 of us living here Emma”

“it seems a bit quite for 5 people” I said making myself comfy on one of the black leather couches, Rox soon plonked down next to me. “oh and please call me Emz” he nodded.

“Well luckily for you both I managed to persuade the guys to go out for the afternoon, so I could meet you properly myself. Just believe me it wont be this quiet for long. Any way get up I’ve got to show you around the place and to the room you‘ll be staying in”

I groaned as I pushed myself up from the couch. Even though we had spent most of the flight asleep I was still tired.

Johnny started by showing us the kitchen. I did my usual nose and opened the fridge…no food, just beer. Not that it was a bad thing.

“Erm oh yeah, sorta not been shopping yet” Johnny blushed slightly. “come on come on, Let me show you the rooms, Roxy looks like she’ll kill someone if she doesn’t have a nap” This earned Johnny a playful death glare from Rox. “kidding” we all laughed. Least he had a sense of humour.

“I hope you both don’t mind sharing. We only have one spare room and non of the guys will share”

“yeah that’s ok, we used to share at moms house anyway”

“that’s alright then, well here you go” He opened the door to a large bedroom, two single beds were in there, a large dressing table and wardrobe, unfortunately no ensuite bathroom. “make yourselves comfy, I’ll be downstairs” I smiled and thanked Johnny before claiming the bed next to the window by throwing my bag on it. Rox had flung herself down on the bed next to the wardrobe and was making herself comfy.

“Nap time” she laughed.

“okay babe, I’m going to go downstairs too”

I made my way back downstairs to the lounge to find Johnny picking up a few beer bottles from around the back of the couch that someone had hidden away neatly.

“well its clear to see you guys like to drink” I made Johnny jump which caused me to laugh.

“Yeah I hope that’s not a problem?”

“hey, its only a problem for you as now you’ll have two more people drinking your beer.”

“I can live with that. “

“So where are the guys?”

“Meant to be doing a bit of food shopping” I chuckled at the thought, men aren’t usually that good at shopping. “yeah I can probably guess what your thinking, I’m not expecting them to come back with any food.”

“So come on tell me about you and the guys” I said taking a seat on the sofa next to Johnny.

2 hours later, boy did I regret asking that question. All I had really learnt was that Johnny was in successful band called Avenged Sevenfold and that he was a bass player. He was about to carry on when luckily I was saved by the interruption of a rabble of males making their way through the back door, followed by a loud thud as one of the men appeared to be tripped over by his follower. I couldn’t help but join Johnny laughing at the poor messy haired man on the floor. “Emz, meet the boys!”