SIXTEEN

Rawaiyon Ki Takleef Jab Rooh
Mein Utar Jaye To,

Alfaaz Uska Mudawaa
Nahi Kar Sakte...

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Mariyam changed her sleeping position for the umpteenth time. No matter how hard she tried, she wasn't able to get even a wink of sleep the whole night.

The fear of Musa Kirmani walking back inside the room kept her wide awake. Even when her heart assured of his promise, she wasn't able to believe it.

And why should she trust her own heart ? Afterall it had led her to commit the biggest mistake of her life which was marrying Musa Kirmani....

Only if she had denied to go with him that night....

He saved your dignity that night Mariyam. If not for him then you would have---

But isn't he the one who snatched it away from me...He even threatened to take me back. Which kind of good man does that ?

But he didn't.

Of course he didn't.... Because I fulfilled his nasty condition. I married him and that's why he spared me.

But he looks guilty. Last night---

He is not. He is so full of himself. And if there is a slightest chance that he is then he cannot be forgiven. Marriage is not a joke.

Her heart and mind were at war, both of them were not ready to back away, when the call for the prayer rang inside her ears.

A serene smile crawled up upon her face, hearing the soothing voice of ma'zzin calling for fajr prayer.

Praying Fajr was the most favourite part of her day. It calmed her distressed heart and had always pulled her soul towards peace.

A content sigh escaped her lips as she rubbed her eyes and got up, tightly wrapping her mother's shawl over her whole form, readying herself to perform wudhu. Taking steps towards the washroom she was eager to start her day praying fajr, when a strong gust of wind kissed her chubby cheeks and caressed her face ever so softly, calling her towards it.

Changing the course of her direction Mariyam walked towards the balcony, forgetting about Musa who was currently residing inside the balcony.

Musa Kirmani on the other hand was feeling numb, withering in the cold whether when he heard her footsteps.

His wife's footsteps.

Call him creepy or crazy but in this one week he had learnt so much about her. Just like now, it was easy for him to tell it was her, his mahjabeen. Her soft footsteps and the whispers of her dangling pazeb was calling out to him, letting him know that she was gracing him with her presence.

She was near.

So close to him.

Feeling her nearing himself, he immediately closed his eyes, pretending to be asleep. He didn't wanted his wife to run away finding him awake. He knew she would surely slip away if she finds him awake, but curse his stubborn heart which had started to beat wildly, hell bent on exposing him in front of her.

With bated breaths he waited.

And waited.

After few moments he felt her near him. She was there, standing just beside him.