TWENTY FOUR

Ilaaj Ye Hai Ki
Majboor Kar Diya Jaoon,
Warna Yoon To Kisi Ki
Nahi Suni Mene...

THIRD PERSON'S POV

“What do you mean she can't Junaid ? She got married to my son. Aren't husband and wife bound to stay together ?” feeling ridiculed by her brother's words Zara Kirmani mocked him, passing a sarcastic smile.

Mariyam shifted uncomfortably on her place hearing the word ‘wife’ from her aunt's mouth. She wasn't his wife, She was the girl who he forced to marry to seek his revenge.

She could never be his wife.

“I am not leaving my daughter here, Apiya. She won't stay here.” her father's firm voice was enough to send her frenzy heart at peace. She was glad he was not letting her go just because Musa was his nephew.

He married her forcefully, for God knows what reason. She didn't wanted to stay with him. His dual behaviour was scary for her. Although he was being nice with her these days, but she did not knew till when.... And that's why she wanted to leave. She did not wanted to go through that same nightmare again.

“But why ?” it was Musa who spoke this time but his unlike his question his gaze was set upon his wife, heart lurching painfully at the thought of her going away, who looked shocked and total confused hearing him.

What was he saying ? Wasn't he happy that she was finally leaving ?!What was Musa Kirmani trying to do now ? She was unable to understand him. He was an enigma to her. A man who was a total mystery.

“Mariyam bachay can you please go out ?” Junaid khan's voice made Mariyam tear her gaze from Musa, wanting to deal with the two alone.

He knew his sister would try to make Mariyam give in with her emotional blackmail, but he wasn't ready to let her get manipulated. There was no way he would let them succeeded.

His daughter was too precious for him, and letting her stay with them would mean throwing her in danger.

Nodding at her father Mariyam walked ready to go out but stopped hearing Zara Kirmani's voice. “Kyu ? uski zindagi ki baat hai Junaid, it should be her decision. She should stay here only.”

(Why ? The discussion is about her life)

Zara Kirmani tried to put in her efforts to stop Mariyam but they went in vain as her brother ignored her protests and asked his daughter to leave. “You trust your abba. Right ?”

“More than anyone else Abba.” Mariyam answered in a heartbeat, knowing that she could trust her father blindly. He would never take any decision which would be bad for her, for her future.

“Then please go out.” her father smiled as he passed a small kiss to her temple, watching her walking out of the room, followed by Samaira and Kabir.

“Junaid---”

“He is carrying Ibrahim bhaijaan's legacy. Right ?” his question was enough catch both mother-son duo off guard. They knew where the talk was heading towards and they couldn't help but feel little stressed to go on.

“I-i... Yes!” Musa stuttered but nonethelessly answered, knowing it was the reality of his life and he couldn't back away even if he wanted to. For the first time he was feeling a little unsure with his real identity and it wasn't because he was ashamed, no he wasn't, but the road his ways were leading him were not good.

They were distancing him from his wife, and he couldn't do anything about it.

“How can you expect me to give my daughter to you when there is danger looming over her head ?” the question was something he expected his uncle to ask him and he couldn't blame him. He was just looking out for his daughter.