TWENTY TWO

Aah Na Kar Labon Ko See
Ishq Hai Dillagi Nahi,

Seene Pe Chot Khaye Jaa
Aage Kadam Badaye Jaa...

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Few seconds passed in silence as everyone standing there were astounded with the sudden revelation of Zara Kirmani, not believing she actually said that. But then someone has to do that to stop both of them.

Mariyam's steps faltered as she felt herself getting dizzy, her breaths getting out of control with the fear of her father's reaction. She felt her eyes welling up and lips wobble again, knowing the worst was about to come.

It was silence before the strom!

Her father would never forgive her. He would push her----

Her formed vibrated like a weakened leaf, ready to fall dead when she heard her father's loud voice vibrate inside the whole kirmani villa.“WHAT ARE YOU SAYING ? YE KYA BAKWAAS HAI ?!” the rage within him was so deep that it shook her entire existence. He had something lethal inside his brown orbs which made her clamp her mouth shut, watching everything fold in front of eyes silently.

(What rubbish is this ?)

“Junaid---” watching Mariyam's horrified expressions, Zara Kirmani tried stopping her brother from reaching out to Mariyam but it was too late as he had already turned towards his daughter who was looking as pale as a ghost with fat tears in her beautiful green eyes.

The eyes of her father softened, and he felt his muscles loosening up, peering at her shaking self. And thus time he toned down himself putting in all his efforts to tone down his anger. He knew his daughter. She would never do something which would let him down or hurt him.

She won't do that ever. His Mariyam was too innocent, too naive for her own good.

“Mariyam ye kya keh rahi hai ?” caressing his daughter's clamped cheeks Junaid Khan questioned her, glaring at Zara Kirmani who was waiting for Mariyam's answer eagerly.

(What is she saying ?)

It wasn't only her but everyone present there watching her, impatiently for her answer, unknown of the trauma, the agony she was going through. She wanted to speak truth and relieve her soul, but at the same time she wanted to conceal the truth, aware of the desperation of her father's eyes.

She knew he wanted her to say 'no'.
She knew he would break hearing the news and she didn't wanted him to face any difficulty or pain because of her. He didn't deserved it. Not at all.

“A-abba w-wo ye....” she stuttered, unable to form any answer and desperately looked here and there trying to look out for some help.

(Father she...)

Musa watched her despair and took steps to console her and confront her father on her behalf, but his mother was quick to hold his hand and shook her head at him for interfering between father-daughter duo.

She knew her brother won't like anyone interfering between them. Plus, it was something she knew Mariyam would want to confess to her father on her own.

But it seems like she didn't wanted to and her father Junaid Khan, was running out of patience with his daughter's silence, letting that deceiver Zara Kirmani speak all the rubbish of the world.

“WILL YOU SPEAK UP MARIYAM ? HOW CAN YOU LET HER TALK NONSENSE LIKE THAT ?!” he shouted jerking Mariyam's shoulders as he tried to put some sense into his daughter. She was increasing his anger with her silence.