Chapter Four

Elle lay in her bed, staring up at her ceiling, remembering everything that happened the night before – the good and the bad. Nothing put a bigger smile on her face than the fact that Julian was still there in the morning – he didn't run away.

Holy hell. What did they just start?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on her door. And a wide smile turned up her lips at the thought of Julian. Maybe he changed his mind about leaving. Maybe his meeting got canceled. It didn't matter to her as long as she got to see his face again.

She wrapped her blanket around her naked body and dashed for the door.

"Did you forget something?" Elle asked, opening the door, only to find her best friend Sofie holding a disposable drink carrier with two Starbucks coffee cups in it, and a small brown paper bag with the infamous logo on it.

"Did who forget something?" She asked, smirking at Elle curiously.

It took her a minute to realize Sofie had absolutely no idea of the events that transpired the previous night. She wasn't even aware Julian was at the club with her. Elle ran out of there so fast, and with no explanation. Sofie was completely in the dark.

"Ooh, you brought coffee," Elle said, stepping out of the way to let her in, changing the subject intentionally.

"Elle," Sofie shot at her in a warning tone to hint that she better spill the dirt.

Elle snatched the bag from her hand and looked inside with a smirk on her face.

"Ooh, and bagels," Elle cooed through a smile, ignoring Sofie's warning.

"Are you naked under that blanket, you little hoe?" Sofie asked playfully with her own smirk, tugging at the fabric.

"Maybe. Back off," Elle laughed, pulling away from her.

"Who the hell was here? Who did you spend the night with?" Her eyes were wide with anticipation.

Elle moved toward the small kitchen, setting the bag of bagels on the counter before she walked back to the bed, discarding her blanket on it before walking to her closet to dress quickly.

"You little hooker," Sofie laughed playfully at her, seeing that Elle was, in fact, naked under the blanket.

Elle chuckled as she pulled a tank top over her head and slipped a pair of pajama pants up her legs before she walked back out to the kitchen where Sofie was already toasting the bagels.

"So spill it," Sofie demanded, watching her as Elle sat down on the stool in front of the kitchen counter.

Elle eyed her, not even knowing where to start. She wasn't going to believe her anyway. Elle didn't know if she even believed it happened. It was absolutely insane.

"Elizabeth Rose, spill your guts," she pressed on, slightly aggravated as she side-eyed Elle.

"You won't believe me anyway," Elle told her matter-of-factly, pursing her lips together defiantly.

"Try me. You're driving me crazy right now," Sofie laughed, rolling her eyes.

"Julian Reed," Elle spit out.

Sofie stared at her with no emotion on her face. She just stared, waiting for Elle to say 'just kidding' or 'yeah right' or something.

"Julian Reed?" She questioned evenly.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me," Elle said, taking a sip of the coffee with her name on it.

"You mean to tell me you hooked up with Julian Reed last night?" Sofie asked for clarification.