Chapter Eleven

Elle couldn't stomach it – that was for certain. Every inch of her being was tingling with regret. Her mind wouldn't stop replaying the night over in her head. How did she let this happen? The goddamn camera had a strap on it for a reason. She let herself get caught up. It was such a rookie mistake. Why didn't she carry her camera properly? Better question yet, why the hell didn't she ever delete those pictures from her memory card? How exceptionally stupid.

Julian was going to hate her. He wasn't ever going to forgive her for something like this. Those pictures were going to leak and she was to blame. It was all her fault, and she had no excuse for what happened.

Elle's door buzzer went off with Julian's arrival and it startled her to her feet, causing a yelp to erupt out of her mouth. She was busy chewing on her thumbnail seconds before, trying to keep back the bile in her throat, thinking of every worst-case scenario to how Julian was going to react. She didn't even have a best-case scenario to go with. They were all bad.

She quickly made her way to her door and buzzed him up before he got the opportunity to push the button for a second time.

Knowing he was seconds away from being right in front of her, face-to-face, sent a sickening chill down her spine. She was so scared. She was so scared that this was going to ruin everything. The amount of feelings she had for him was crippling. She didn't want them to be ruined. She loved him. She was sure of it.

His knock on her door was boisterous and once again, caused her to jump. The fragile state she was in couldn't handle all the surprise his presence was bringing.

She bit her lip anxiously as she tugged open the door, making sure to hold her breath so she wouldn't burst into tears at the sight of him. He stood in front of her, looking as handsome and sexy as ever, wearing dark blue jeans and a red plaid button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and hung open, revealing his white t-shirt. His hair was perfectly manicured into his signature tuft on the top of his head. And he just looked so amazing.

"Elle, are you okay?" He asked after seeing her distraught expression.

"Julian..." She squeaked, unable to say anything else.

"It's okay, Elle. We'll get you a new camera," he said, stepping forward, pulling her into his arms as he simultaneously kicked her apartment door shut.

She felt so much guilt as he comforted her in his arms, but she wanted to feel this one last time before she told him the truth. She wanted to feel his safe arms around her, holding her, loving her.

"I'm so sorry, Julian," she breathed, pulling back from him.

"For what, Ace? It was your camera," he countered, looking at her questioningly, yet keeping all of the sympathy in his eyes.

"God," she choked out as the tears pooled in her eyes.

"Elle, what's the matter?" He asked, furrowing his brows in concern.

"Julian, god..." She croaked, breaking her eyes away from his.

"Elle..." Julian pressed, his voice more demanding, wanting to know what was going on.

"I'm sorry," she said again as the first tear streaked down her cheek.

"Elle, what is going on?" He asked, and she looked up to find that his eyes no longer showed an ounce of sympathy.

"I just... I... the pictures..." She stammered.

The two stood there staring at her for a few moments before he sucked in a breath and let it out.