Chapter 14 *

Heeeeeyyyyy guys!, We made it through 500 reads!!!. That means at least 30 people read every chapter, give or take. Can you believe 30 people actually wake up everyday and look forward to reading my book?, That's so amazing!!!. I know that it's not much compared to some other books on wattpad that have millions of views but that really isn't my concern. I'm just really happy you guys even read it at all. It's a bit sad you guys don't comment though, but authors can't have it all, right?.

Anyways, you guys are probably getting annoyed now an without further ado, here's your chapter!!!!!.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I groaned and flopped to the ground as my wobbly legs didn't have any strength left in them to hold my body up. My mother came over and smiled at me before sitting down at my side. I quickly lay my head down in her lap and she softly stroked my head. " You're doing well amaryllis". A groan was my only response, she laughed at me and said "don't worry, all this will end soon".

For the past two weeks, my schedule had been crammed full with studying, studying for the exams, training with my tutors and practicing my powers with my mother, luckily I hadn't had another fainting spell and we had been progressing steadily.

I had thought I was only to write a written exam but the headmaster had informed me that that wasn't the case, practical exams were also taken in which my abilities would be evaluated to see if they were worthy of the S class and I still had to go to school!. No one bothered me anymore, not after the spectacle I pulled when I had just resumed few weeks ago and my classmates didn't whisper and stare at me anymore.

It had been such a job keeping my practices secret from Lillian and Collette, mother didn't understand why and I only got her silence by convincing her it was a surprise. She didn't need to know her daughters all hated each other and I would protect her from the truth for as long as I could.

And now everything would come to an end as my exam was to be held tomorrow. I hoped all the training would pay off. After resting for a few more minutes I stood up, bade my mother goodnight and ran to my palace. It was late and everyone had already gone to bed but Alice, who waited by the door with a cup of milk for me. My heart warmed at her action and I drank the milk before urging her to bed and rushing off to sleep.

The next day Alice woke me up and helped me have my bath before dressing me. I had my breakfast before heading to school. I quickly entered the school and made my way to the greenhouse where my exam was to take place.

I sat down on one of the stone benches around and waited calmly for my examination to begin, sure I was nervous and terrified but freaking out wouldn't get me anywhere instead the best thing to do was keep calm and revise my notes. Half an hour later, the door to the greenhouse opened and a woman I didn't recognize poked her head out.

" Amaryllis Sylvester?" I nodded at her and she waved me in " the professors are ready to see you now". I followed as she led me to a heavy wooden door, she pushed it open and I walked in unable to thank her as the door had already slammed shut. I drew a deep breath before turning around.

A few feet away from me stood an empty chair and desk and at the center of the room, four people were seated behind a long wooden table. One of the women gestured to the chair and I proceeded to sit in it. Once I was settled, she stared at me with bright green eyes, pushing her red hair backwards to prevent it from falling into her face, her furry ears twitching constantly. Her features were soft despite the astute look on her face.

The other woman, a fierce general by her looks had her hair in a ponytail making the harsh lines of her face clearly visible. She snapped her fingers and I watched as a piece of paper and a quill pen floated onto my table. Immediately I picked up the pen, a ticking sound started and I stared at the floating clock that had appeared out of nowhere.