6. BLOOMING BOND

B R I E L L E

"Flynn, have you seen my journal?" I asked as soon as I stepped into her room without even knocking.

However, Flynn was busy killing enemies by relentlessly tapping on her keyboard and mouse, her concentration was entirely on the screen. Of course, she was on a killing spree as usual. The sound effects of the game she was playing were booming all over her customized room, making me glad that she had refused to share a room with others. Flynn's lifestyle was different from all of us as she came from a family of prodigies—— the Laterza. Their family basically consisted of techy freaks and contributed a lot of inventions to the world. Among the houses, they were the richest and most influential because they were literally shaping modern society.

Walking over to her, I pulled off the headphone from her head causing her to grumble. Her blue eyes squinted at me in displeasure. "What?" she questioned, clearly not wanting to be off her game. But it was too late already because her character died from a zombie attack.

"Have you seen my journal?" I repeated, crossing my arms against my chest.

"No, it's your journal," she responded, her voice was oozing with sarcasm.

I groaned out loud, sitting on the couch just beside her gaming desk in defeat. "I hate this goddamn brain."

Closing off the game, Flynn then looked at me in sympathy. "Just get another one. Then I'll put some tracking device on it so that you can easily find it next time."

I palmed my face in distress. "It's literally my memories in the paper. I can't lose them."

"I know. Why don't you ask your trash roommate?" she suggested before shaking her head in disbelief. "Gosh, I really can't believe that a virus is wrecking into our system. What's gotten into your Mom anyway?"

I closed my eyes, recalling the talk I had with Olivia yesterday. "I don't know. Mom rewarded her in exchange for something she'd done, I guess."

Flynn let out a frustrated sigh. "She's maddening and all I want to do is smack her face for even crossing against me. Seriously, she doesn't know her place. Do you really think that she deserves all of this reward from your Mom? I bet it's a 'no' given on how she was acting so far—— a second-rate fraud. Are you really okay sharing a room with her? Let me know if she did something awful to you, okay?"

Damn, here she goes again with her ranting.

"I don't care about her. I'd rather think about my problem right now," I said, opening my eyes and looked at her intently. "I just—— I don't know. I think it's getting worse. My head is fücking me up."

The youngest Laterza averted her eyes down as she began to play with her fingers in a nervous habit. "The more reason you should've stayed homeschooled. I'm sorry, Brielle, but this is really a bad idea."

"No," I growled that word out as I stood up abruptly. "No, Flynn. I'm done denying myself from the world. I never experienced hanging out with people outside our families. I didn't even go to high school and I missed those field trips, homecoming parties, and prom nights. Can you imagine that? I need to get an actual life. I was lucky that I was able to convince my Mom so I won't ever spare this chance. I'll try my best to cope up with my disease while having a normal life at the same time."

Flynn got to her feet and approached me. Placing both of her hands on my shoulder, she gazed at me with concern in her eyes. "I'm sorry. You're right. You can do this. And I'll support you all the way, no matter what happens."