9. THE COMPLEX SYSTEM

O L I V I A

I'd been staring at the space for a long while now. Totally zoned out while the people in the restaurant buzzed like flies in my background. I was gripping the séx toy in my hand, the side of my head leaning on the glass window. It was rather a hot day for my tortured body and soul.

A knock from a stranger from outside suddenly pulled me out of my chaotic trance. He was smirking at me, raising his eyebrow at the tool I was holding for dear life. Then he raised his hand up in front of his opened mouth, forming a circle, and thrust it back and forth.

I gave him a sharp glare in return and flipped him off with a finger. The stranger laughed before he scurried away. I let out a sigh at the same time Steph came to my table and served me a plate of blueberry waffles and a cup of coffee which I ordered earlier. She stared at the thing on my hand with an awkward smile then slammed a brown paper bag on the table.

"Take that hideous thing away, stunner. People are staring," she said in a warning tone.

"I don't care. They should mind their own business."

Her eyes pinched in annoyance. "Well, I care because you're in our business. Are you gonna hide that thing or I'll ban you here from now on?"

Snatching the paper bag, I shoved the stráp-on inside while shaking my head. "Relax, will yah? I like the food here."

Steph rested her hands on her hips, scrutinizing me. "What were you thinking bringing that here?"

"Wh-What? It's not like it's illegal. It's just a stráp-on. Do you even see any kids in here?" I pointed out, giving her a playful smirk.

She stared at me in disbelief before she cocked her head to point out a mother covering her daughter's ears just right next to my table.

I let out a snicker. "Whatevah!"

"You're absolutely making me crazy. But I'll just let this one go, okay?" she sighed in frustration. Yeah, it seemed she was really bothered about the thing I brought with me which I understood.

It was just I was so overwhelmed about what I had found out earlier and ran directly here to take some air. I didn't want to leave the toy in the room either just for safety reasons. So, I brought it with me without even thinking. I was in the clouds of hell and couldn't think straight at all. I was guilty and beaten with the harsh truth. The truth—— fùck!

"Hey, stun. Are we good?" Steph's voice peeled me off my thoughts again.

My eyes averted to the waffle and let out a sigh. "I'm—— I'm fine. I'm just having trouble with my roommate in the sorority house."

Steph hummed. Then she sat across my seat, making me look at her. "What? Did she find your toy and tell you to shove it in her ass?"

My eyes enlarged. "Shhh! There's a kid in here. You should be ashamed of yourself."

She gasped in disbelief. "You're really unbelievable. Are you gonna tell me about your roommate or not?"

I waved my hand and shook my head. "Nah, she's just way too complex for me to understand."

"You're being weird. Why would you want to understand your roommate you just met a week ago to the extent that you had to bring that thing to our precious resto?"